Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share my stereo install with you guys!

This phase will only be my amp/sub install/backup cam, I will have to put off doing the front stage for a while.

My goals were:

1) Low budget - for now
2) Expandability
3) Stealth install
4) Keep as much of the cargo space available as possible
5) Keep factory head unit

Equipment list for this phase:

1) Polk 1100.5
2) IDQ D2 V2
3) PAC-audio iPod adapter
4) PAC-audio hi/lo converter
5) eBay back-up cam

Goodbye spare tire!

First my spaceship looking sub enclosure, I should have done fiberglass, but because I am doing this in my driveway and am not sheltered from the non-stop rain, it would be difficult, plus my spaceship only cost me a half sheet of MDF.

In the interest of keeping it expandable, I put under 3/4 stips of mdf along the top to hold the baffle down.

Now my two amp trays, the new floor height will be 3.5" higher than stock

I made my trim piece early so I could take some real measurements. I wasn't sure how much of a gap to leave for the vinyl and carpet.

I made some cuts in this piece to allow for the trunk to vent. There is a lot of moisture to deal with in this part of the country and I didn't want to have issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my baffle done, the plan is to end up with a sealed enclosure with 2 12's in it, for now I am going to do a ported box using one of the speaker holes for the port...

The amp trays are going to have space under them for the rca's and maybe it will help with cooling too so I had to build little spacers, the funny looking ones on the end are just to clear part of the trunk.

Got the baffle done and covered with white vinyl.

I have a new respect for people who are good at laying it, it sure is difficult to get just right. I tried using a brushed steel looking vinyl that I just had to have when picking it up, but I didn't realize it wasn't stretchable, and looked like poo after laying it, so then I went with white which was my original plan.

That's all for now, I am going to work on pulling some wire...

·
Registered
231 Posts
looking good! cant wait to see the results

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was wiring day!

Here you can see the harness with the ANC wires. Since I am adding a sub, I needed to disconnect the microphones. I read a lot of people do this at the mic end of things, but I figured I might as well do it from behind the stereo since I am there already.

Here you can see the four wires I will cut, the red, white, yellow, and orange. Doing it here also allows me to put it back to stock if I ever need to all at one spot.

Wires cut:

I added the iSimple iPod interface, this thing works AWESOME! Totally worth it and highly recommended. It's a simple plug and play T-harness.

Here is the backup camera harness I made from a tutorial somewhere here on the site. On the hybrid, the dvd-rom is up front, so I needed to get that plugged in while I was into this mess.

That's it for now, I have a set of Focal K2 Polykevlar's on the way for my front stage that I traded my idmax for. Goodbye ID-MAX :wave:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trunk is finished, so here is what it looks like with everything in it!

Totally Stealth!

And under the carpet...

And under the false panels...

I made the false panels with plywood and expanded metal, so the trunk is still nice and strong, and I don't have to worry about damaging anything.

A little bit of deadening on my license plate so it won't rattle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts