Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello friends I have a 06 accord 5speed k24a8..I had a blinking engine light since November 2020 and still drive it everyday..coades I have is P0420 P0302 P0304 P0300...it still drives everyday eats alot more gas and smokes at high rpm.. changed sparkplug and coil pack ..but still the same result..and yes I drive it daily like this the past 3 months...thank you guys

·
Cruising in Montana
4,090 Posts
The p03xx codes are for misfires. THe p0420 is for the catalytic converter.

The light is blinking to show it is having a serious problem, as in 'get it fixed now'. Ignoring it means more cash will be needed to fix it later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The p03xx codes are for misfires. THe p0420 is for the catalytic converter.

The light is blinking to show it is having a serious problem, as in 'get it fixed now'. Ignoring it means more cash will be needed to fix it later.
But you telling me what every coad reader tells me..and still drive it daily...I changed spark plugs and coil....still need a answer to fix it

·
Registered
'06 silver EX sedan 2.4 5AT - full bolt-ons, Megan Racing strut brace, Type S FSB + RSB
6 Posts
Hello.

I need to echo what the other poster has said. I replaced my exhaust manifold, cat, and both O2 sensors late in 2020 and after this I saw code 0420. I fixed this by checking the O2 sensor connectors (where I found that one had come loose) and then resetting the codes (detatching battery overnight should do it).

Since you're asking on a forum, and despite the fact that I'm not a mechanic, I'd advise that it's likely that the blinking CEL reflects irreversible damage being done to your engine. I've seen it in other vehicles when the oil level gets low enough that the engine can no longer reliably lubricate the moving parts to the proper degree. Maybe another issue is causing it, but I think anyone here with a basic knowledge of cars will advise that driving and not having a mechanic take a look is going to cause further long-term damage.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Here is the bottom line. The p030x codes are misfires, the flashing CEL (check engines light) means the misfires are occuring right then. The P0420 code is the catalytic convertor below efficiency. The P030x codes are causing the issues with the catalytic converter, and setting the P0420 code. You have not provided enough information to really troubleshoot this issue.

Misfires can be caused by many things, you hit the normal ones, sparkplugs and coils. If you still have the misfires it is obviously something else.

Here are the usual suspects

1. Low compression
2. Bad or dirty fuel injectors
3. Fuel trims out of wack
4. Carbon buildup
5. Leaking valves
6. Incorrect timing
7. Bad temperature sensors
8. Bad fuel pressure

At this point I would run a scan and see how the fuel trims look and see if the temperature sensors are properly reporting the correct values. My next step would be to check compression, and verify the timing is correct.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts