Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a remote starter installed on my car and shortly after had issues with my master window switch not working. I replace the switch with no luck then I checked the sub wiring of the door harness which goes to fusebox it seemed it was really dirty and sure enough a wire was pulled out. so I replaced that as well with a original part from honda. About a week about replacing the part (which worked) I experience no keyless entry, no turn signals. headlights turn on but wont show on the cluster, and no high beams(also doesn't show on cluster). However get this, when I open the driver door everything works, and if I close it it stops working. Also, after some guess and checking if I take out one of the plugs of the subiwiring I replaced from the fusebox windows r offline but all the electrical I mentioned above start working. Ive checked fuses and they are okay now I am leaning towards possibly a bad multiplex?? anybody with knowledge please help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
So I had a remote starter installed on my car and shortly after had issues with my master window switch not working. I replace the switch with no luck then I checked the sub wiring of the door harness which goes to fusebox it seemed it was really dirty and sure enough a wire was pulled out. so I replaced that as well with a original part from honda. About a week about replacing the part (which worked) I experience no keyless entry, no turn signals. headlights turn on but wont show on the cluster, and no high beams(also doesn't show on cluster). However get this, when I open the driver door everything works, and if I close it it stops working. Also, after some guess and checking if I take out one of the plugs of the subiwiring I replaced from the fusebox windows r offline but all the electrical I mentioned above start working. Ive checked fuses and they are okay now I am leaning towards possibly a bad multiplex?? anybody with knowledge please help!!!!!!!
No knowledge, but...... why don't you go back to the people that installed the remote? OK, maybe that is a little knowledge.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
All your issues are way too coincidental to the remote start being installed. If you've got someone doing it that doesn't use the correct.module to communicate with the ECU, you'll get issues like you describe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts