Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've lurked for a while, done a lot of searching but I can't seem to find if anyone has tried the ep3 emblems on a 06 coupe. Will they fit right? Of not can anyone help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
^ Measure your OEM emblem size (in millimetres) and shop around on sites ... Most JDM sellers will list the size of the emblem so you can be sure what your getting will fit.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
I measured and got about 120x102mm I ordered ep3 sized I'm hoping for the best. They're the closest match.
As long as they're close it'll look okay - my sedan took an 06-11 Civic Si red emblem set and it's a perfect size match.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Came in a few days ago, looks great. Now only if I could decided what to do with my taillights.
Mind linking to the emblem you bought? I too have an 06 Coupe, and have considered this mod, just haven't jumped on it. Not sure how it would look on silver.

Also, is it OEM Honda product?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Came in a few days ago, looks great. Now only if I could decided what to do with my taillights.
Mind linking to the emblem you bought? I too have an 06 Coupe, and have considered this mod, just haven't jumped on it. Not sure how it would look on silver.

Also, is it OEM Honda product?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171388964685

I offered 29.99 and they accepted it. It came in OEM wrapping sealed.

Also I'd reccomend some epoxy or something similar. This was a little big and doesn't fit exactly in the factory emblems spot. I slathered the back with epoxy and covered the recess of the factory emblem, and I feel it looks good.

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
Looks great! I have been wanting to do this as well on my 07 coupe, but after measuring and searching I was worried the Civic coupe's would be too big. Did you have to cut off the 2 pegs on the back of the emblem or did it fit with them? Also, Are you planning on doing the rear emblem?

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
well i ordered from the same seller and I am NOT happy. there is NO way this emblem is OEM. The finish is terrible. It has a raised bump in the lower part of the red of the H, and the edges are rough. It also appears to have red overspray from when it was molded all along the bottom.... Cookracr is yours like this? Also i feel like this is just too big. I was hoping it would not be that noticeable but i dont think it would sit right even if it was actually a nice OEM emblem. So now I guess I am gonna see if I can return it...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
@pradukt - it's totally plausible that it's an OEM, but it may be of the "B" grade variety for having a blemish, that's probably how the seller is getting his hands on them in the first place ... whatever overseas factory they came from couldn't fir it to a grill on the line because of the blemish.

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
I don't really care how much it is, if a seller who has 100% positive feedback says its OEM, it should be. I would assume that if he was selling fake crap there would be negative feedback on his page. I contacted him, and he told me that he was gonna forward my pictures to his "distributor" and just gave me a refund and didnt want me to "be inconvenienced" by sending them back. So I got a free crappy emblem out of the deal! I think I will just be sticking to my stock one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts