Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i wish to add a foglight kit to my 06 coupe i4 5mt.

this should be the right part for my car: 08V31-SDN-101, however it is discontinued for some reason.

now the kit for the seedan is not discontinued, and still available for sale, part : 08V31-SDA-102

the question : Can I buy the kit for the seedan, do the install on my coupe and buy a seperate coupe switch part 08V31-SDN-1M035, in order to match interior orange lights?

thank you

toaster

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Buy a coupe set from eBay. The lenses all break, regardless of brand so you might as well buy the cheap ones. eBay is FAR cheaper than the OEM set. There are two styles; Inspire and OEM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your quick response.

what about the harness and the switch? I heared the ebay kits harness is only 1 peice versus 2 peice in the oem.

switch is quality made and lights up orange?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You can buy an OEM switch, member DreaminAccord has a great guide on how to make it wok with ebay harnesses,

·
6th Gear
528 Posts
Still have the eBay replica harness, eBay relay, and eBay light switch for sale in the DA Classifieds!

Perfect if you have already purchased the replica kit and you need an extra set of these available parts.

·
Shiny.
202 Posts
I had the same issue w/ my '03. When I called the local dealership, the parts guy said that it was discontinued due to it being an "accessory".

I'm happy with my aftermarket lights, but it's been a PITA to find an OEM harness.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree with cm6, you are much better off buying the aftermarket "oem style/replacement" fog lights.. they fit well and they are a bit better in my opinion due to the fact that OEM lenses are glass (technically better for optics, but break very easily) and the aftermarket lenses are a hard plastic. and the harness isn't that bad to work with. locally (toronto/GTA)the kit is sold for ~$100-$120.

also, FWIW, the fogs are pretty much asthethics as far as i'm concerned, they don't do very much (but the beam pattern does look awesome on the road with 3k hids when seen from another car lol). you may want to consider using the same money on a set of morimotos and putting them in (headlights) yourself. relatively cheap/easy (with many great DIY write-ups here on driveaccord), and will do wonders for the lighting.. I actually used the (projector) foglights from a chevy cobalt mounted in my stock foglight bezels and got amazing results..

good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts