Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running and HID kit (just bulb install.. I think?) on my 2006 Honda Accord Sedan.

I'm not the handy type where I feel comfortable making my own retro fit headlights. So I came across these on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-HONDA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7583e30b

Thoughts?

If ebay isn't an option for decent lights (I've heard there are issues). Does anyone have suggestions on where to purchase said lights.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd advise against it. They caused me a lot of issues. And they aren't plug and play. You still have to splice the wire for the eBay ones.

There are so many walkthroughs to do your own retrofit. I was like you. Not handy at all. And that was my first ever project. It's really easy.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1383254291.072645.jpg

·
Banned
546 Posts
I'm currently running and HID kit (just bulb install.. I think?) on my 2006 Honda Accord Sedan.

I'm not the handy type where I feel comfortable making my own retro fit headlights. So I came across these on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-HONDA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7583e30b

Thoughts?

If ebay isn't an option for decent lights (I've heard there are issues). Does anyone have suggestions on where to purchase said lights.

Thanks!
These aren't "retrofits"...they're just crappy halogen projectors that are thrown in an even crappier plastic housing. Save up your money and send your lights off to a place like Lightшeгkz or other reputable retrofitters to have a true retro performed.

It really isn't that hard to do yourself though and there are tons of DIY threads and videos out there.

Just please don't waste your money on any eBay or Amazon light unless you're buying an OEM replica set to strictly use for retrofitting...those halogen projector headlights are garbage.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
These aren't "retrofits"...they're just crappy halogen projectors that are thrown in an even crappier plastic housing. Save up your money and send your lights off to a place like Lightшeгkz or other reputable retrofitters to have a true retro performed.
I'm with him^

Poor quality and poor performance, as to be expected from eBay. Not only that, but I personally think they look ricey, whereas a well executed retrofit doesn't.

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
283 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all for the replies. I'm curious now on the difference between the light produced from a retrofit to an HID.

I feel the HIDs I currently have aren't too much better then the stock OEM lights.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
thank you all for the replies. I'm curious now on the difference between the light produced from a retrofit to an HID.

I feel the HIDs I currently have aren't too much better then the stock OEM lights.
My room mate has some cheap Spec-D "projectors" in his Silverado with an HID kit and I can see if I can take comparison pictures tonight. While it's not the same vehicle, you will see the massive difference in output from the two.

Most of the eBay projectors have a very small area of throw that isn't very uniform.

Send me a PM as a reminder...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts