Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CPO Acura TL with 61620 miles on it. All I got to say it is a night and day from an 06 Accord I used to have. Don't get me wrong my Accord was an awesome car and trouble free but the TL is definitely quieter car as far as road noise is concern. My Accord had 83000 miles on it when I had traded it and it also got new tires few months ago Michelin MXV4 Primacy's. Those tires helped a little with road noise and the TL came with Kumho ASX's.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Makes sense. An Acura is a higher class Honda.

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is a higher class Honda. I always hear people saying go with an Accord EX-L V6 same car. I agree, TL is based off the Accord platform but there is difference in the ride quality, quietness, and V6 rumble is different. I had a 4cyl Accord EX-L and driven the V6 Accord.

·
Banned
259 Posts
Pictures?

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here some pictures of my TL. Not a whole lot but will take more after I get this car completely detailed. Also, may have to see about getting tranny fluid replaced being it was only replaced twice. With both times being one drain and fill. The fluid is reddish brown right now and I saw like a small crude on the dipstick. It wasn't bad just one tiny piece

Attachments

·
Banned
259 Posts
Congrats. Looks nice.

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man as I mentioned with the fluid being reddish brown am I still ok or is my tranny on the verge of being toast

·
Banned
259 Posts
I would change it as a precaution. It shouldn't be anything brown.

·
6,322 Posts
Consider doing 4 drain/fills with Redline D4. Costs about $100 for the fluid and you won't have to worry about the fluid going bad for a very long time. The experts on here swear by it. :thmsup:

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Consider doing 4 drain/fills with Redline D4. Costs about $100 for the fluid and you won't have to worry about the fluid going bad for a very long time. The experts on here swear by it. :thmsup:

Thanks for the info, I was wondering since Honda is required the Z1 atf if doing one drain/fills after I do like 4 drain/fill the first time with Honda fluid and change out the filter. The fluid should last I would think. I did that on my 06 accord EXL 4cyl automatic. The fluid always stayed reddish pink. Do you think I will be safe on the TL? Or do I have to go with redline d4

·
6,322 Posts
Thanks for the info, I was wondering since Honda is required the Z1 atf if doing one drain/fills after I do like 4 drain/fill the first time with Honda fluid and change out the filter. The fluid should last I would think. I did that on my 06 accord EXL 4cyl automatic. The fluid always stayed reddish pink. Do you think I will be safe on the TL? Or do I have to go with redline d4
The I4 AT's seem to be much easier on the atf versus the V6 AT. Extra weight, torque etc. By all means this the perfect time to do the changeover to the D4. :thmsup:

Going one step further would be adding a trans cooler and a filter unless the TL already has one. Kind of depends how long you plan on keeping this car. Theres a long thread on here about the preceeding. Let me see if I can find it.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33349&highlight=redline

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The I4 AT's seem to be much easier on the atf versus the V6 AT. Extra weight, torque etc. By all means this the perfect time to do the changeover to the D4. :thmsup:

Going one step further would be adding a trans cooler and a filter unless the TL already has one. Kind of depends how long you plan on keeping this car. Theres a long thread on here about the preceeding. Let me see if I can find it.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33349&highlight=redline

Here's couple of pics of my fluid condition.

Attachments

·
6,322 Posts
Looks pretty good based on that picture. If you don't do the Redline then just do the Z-1 drain/fills frequently. Some people do 1 d/f every 10k since 3 d/f's are usually needed at 30k.

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks pretty good based on that picture. If you don't do the Redline then just do the Z-1 drain/fills frequently. Some people do 1 d/f every 10k since 3 d/f's are usually needed at 30k.

Thanks, yeah it was drained and fill at around 30k and then at 61620 right before I bought the car. Next week I do plan on doing maybe couple drain and fill along with filter replacement or I may just wait till my MM comes on at 15% oil life for the next oil change

·
6,322 Posts
Thanks, yeah it was drained and fill at around 30k and then at 61620 right before I bought the car. Next week I do plan on doing maybe couple drain and fill along with filter replacement or I may just wait till my MM comes on at 15% oil life for the next oil change
Good idea waiting till the next oil change. I'd prob only do 1 drain/fill since the fluid looks like new. Changing the filter would be a GREAT idea at your mileage. Might as well take care of such a nice car. :thmsup:

·
06 Acura TL
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good idea waiting till the next oil change. I'd prob only do 1 drain/fill since the fluid looks like new. Changing the filter would be a GREAT idea at your mileage. Might as well take care of such a nice car. :thmsup:

Oh absolutly!! When I had the 06 Accord EX-L 4cyl 5AT, I would do 1 drain/fill every 15,000 miles and replace the AT filter element every 30,000. I plan on doing the same with the TL. Yes, this car is awesome!! Feels great driving this vehicle knowint the maintenance cost is almost identical to my previous Accord. The only thing that will cost me more additionally is the timing belt service at 100k and filling it up with premium. The gas mileage is really close to the Accord 4cyl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts