Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 06 accord transmission has a one second dead spot when shifting after startup, after it is in gear there is no slipping shifts are solid. The seems like the oil is running out of the trans and it takes time to pump it back to the clutch packs. The fluid has been changed. what could this be. thanks for any info. Dale.

·
Mike
779 Posts
There are quite few posts on these forums discussing this, most notice around a 1 second delay.

There will always be a small delay in this 5AT trans because it selects two gears in succession to engage 1st when shifting from P to D.

Along with other issues trans problems, extended engagements can be caused by low oil pressure or 3rd gear pressure switch age and drift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o6 transmission

Thanks for your reply I just hope this is not the start to my transmission going out. I have 100000 miles on my 06 v6 exl and want to drive it to 200000 or more. The slight pause started when I changed the trans fluid this last time and used the z-1.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Thanks for your reply I just hope this is not the start to my transmission going out. I have 100000 miles on my 06 v6 exl and want to drive it to 200000 or more. The slight pause started when I changed the trans fluid this last time and used the z-1.
how many fluid changes have you done over the life of the transmission?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts