Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 07 6-6 sedan
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an 07 6-6 Sedan. The radio and display recently went out. I sourced a used unit from an 06 6-6 sedan with the 7FK0 faceplate. The unit works, however, the display is backlit all of the time as if my lights were on. When my old unit was working, when I turned the lights on, the radio would get a little dimmer and become backlit. With this new unit, when I turn the lights on, nothing happens. The display stays the same. Using the dimmer in the cluster does nothing to affect the brightness.

Are there any other adjustments that can be made to revert to no backlighting when the lights are off? I did not see anything in the owners manual or in a search for old posts. The one thing I did find in a youtube video is that you can turn off the display by holding the CD button for 5-10 seconds.

Thanks in advance.(y)

· Turbo lag
3,015 Posts
Honda seems to revise some of the electrical configurations during facelifts for some reason. I'm guessing it's a internal circuit difference that's causing the light to be on.

· Prefers to shift his own gears
1,122 Posts
Check ebay listings for selling a block for the radio. The ad will usually list a lot of different alphanumeric codes and show which ones are compatible. If your original unit wasn't 7FKO, that may be your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts