Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say it took me bout 100 bucks at the most to make that piece, I used fiberglass resin, plastic filler, some 1/4 MDF to make a trim (random pieces laying around the shop I work at), and a old accord radio that was laying around the shop. It took me a while to complete it because I would work on it maybe 2 or 3 times every other month.

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
I took on this project because I just was not satisfied with no one making a OE Aftermarket replacement for Navigation that was worth anything....:thmsup:
:thmsup: I know how much work this is. I am tackling this project myself. I kinda took a different route...Didnt make as much progress on it as I would like. Props to you man for finishing it.

·
Legitimate hack
1,678 Posts
How did you manage to squeeze a double din in that space without affecting your HVAC?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had to modify the center flap that comes out, its a lip that the top vents have, I just trimed that off and position the radio where there is minimum clearance in between the two, plenty of trial and error went into this project.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really don't want to do another one. It took me about 47 hours to complete this.
@hillstones no i did not leave the duct tape in there, lol. I used the duct tape to hold the board in place while i mounted it to the bottom of the radio and yes you do have to trim the flap where the center vents meet the HVAC box.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.