Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

07 Accord EX-L 24.L Exhaust

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bobbo 
#1 ·
Hey I've been looking all over this site for some help with the exhaust work I'm going to do. I found some good suggestions but I need a more specific answer. I bought this car a few months ago, it already came with work done to it. BC coils, dropped super low, camber plates, K&N Typhoon intake, DC exhaust Headers, something on the exhaust after the muffler, sounds great and a couple of other cosmetics and lights. It has a leak at the flex pipe and over time the flex pipe went out. It sounds super loud but I need help finding the right flex pipe to go after the DC 4-2-1 Headers. My brother suggested a test pipe to have it sound good and give me a little more power. I was looking at the Megan test pipe or Blackworks JDM test pipe. Not sure which way I should go. The Megan is a cheaper route and I live in Florida so I'm sure the sound isn't an issue.

I was suggested a Walker Flex pipe but I see its OEM. What flex pipe should I go for after the 4-2-1 DC Headers and should I invest in a test pipe or what kind of inexpensive set up? I just want it to flow well and have a nice deep sound to it.

Links for the test pipes;

https://www.carid.com/cart.php?utm_source=email&utm_medium=lead

Megan Racing

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Your flex pipe ripped. You need to replace your flex pipe, not your catalytic converter.

Pro tip, stay the hell away from test pipes. Not only do they sound horrible on an N/A car, they're a detriment to both the value and the overall efficiency of your car.

#4 ·
A test pipe might throw a check engine light.

If you're going to an exhaust shop to replace the flex pipe, just get a 2 1/2" flex from Walker or another reputable brand, and have them weld it up to pipe to match the header outlet.

Blackworks is garbage, don't even consider it...

#5 ·
I definitely don't want it sounding shitty. My brother knows more about cars than I do but his suggestions aren't always the best. I wanted to do as much as I can on my own without having to go to an exhaust shop. Should I just replace the flex pipe and be done with it? Or is there any other suggested set up I should do?

Thanks for the help so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.