Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im looking to convert my standard 6cd changer to a navigation unit...i have a couple of questions and concerns that i was hoping to get some help with.

1. my car does not have dual zone climate control, is it required to install the unit? if not. how do i convert my climate contral to a dual zone climate control system?

2. does the navigation unit come with audio auxilaries on the back to hook up an amp?

3. are there any aftermarket navigation units out there that anyone has had success with, i found one on ebay that has a build in dvd player and bluetooth, but im wondering if there are others.
ebay navigation (http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-Accord-Ca...304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5ec1e028)

4.on most ex-l units there is a seperate screen above the air conditioning vents in the middle, does it take anything extra to install that, and where do i get that?

5. what is the total cost of converting?

thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
1. it is much easier to install the navi on dual climate control cars, otherwise you will need a harness that converts it.

2. no it does not, but there are aftermarket attachments that allow you to hook up an aux connection or ipod cable. those attachments are available to non navigation models too.

3. that is a horrible unit and has many flaws. people have tried them on this forum and it has bad reviews.

4. the screen above is ONLY for navigation units, even the ex-l without navi does not have the top screen.

5. be prepared to spend over 1g converting. remember its not only the dash display, theres also a dvd unit in the trunk for the navigation, along with various custom harnesses.

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, well that pretty much answers everything, thank both of you very much..so the navigation unit plays dvd's?...looks like this is something ill have to save up for lol, ill check out that thread u posted, thanks again

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Alright, well that pretty much answers everything, thank both of you very much..so the navigation unit plays dvd's?...looks like this is something ill have to save up for lol, ill check out that thread u posted, thanks again
As Paperboy mentioned, it does not play DVD-Video discs, it only plays the DVD-ROM Map disc. Don't waste your money with optional video input kits for DVD-Video, the screen resolution is too low. However, you an opt for the 2006-2007 kit and install a rear view camera to assist in backing up.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
so personally do you guys think its worth the money?
I did the Navi conversion in 2007, when his kit was $2K. My next Honda will have Navi built-in. I won't make that mistake again. (When I bought my Accord, the Navi models were not yet in production, but I should have waited). The Navi is very useful, of course most useful when you go to places you have never been before, and use the Go Home feature to get you back home easily. I would much prefer to have the OEM in-dash Navi than any portable or aftermarket unit. Honda makes the best OEM Navi and no worries about it being stolen.

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and it looks really good in the car huh lol...it looks like it changes the whole feel of the interior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts