Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
The Keyless-Wonder
554 Posts
Master Brock, I'm the last dude to talk about lowering and wheels, but....

With NYC roads, you want to get wheels that have some integrity and strength, AND are lower cost and plentiful- in case you need to buy one more wheel to replace a cracked wheel.

Here in Chicago, there are lots of "Set of 3" wheels on Craigslist that no one can find a matching 4th for....

Some aftermarket wheels are beautiful and lightweight, but will crack in a NY minute. Not a big deal if they are $50 each and you can always find one- but not much fun if a replacement is $300 and you have to order out for it.

Now you think about that, Brock, and remember what happened to The Warriors in Riverside Park when they had to take the subway because they had no ride....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrEmF4SK3T4

By the way, what up with your front license plate? Looks like someone tried to tear it off.

I love you and your warriors lol.

And the front plate is two zip ties around the lower 'grill'. I really didnt want to make holes
The Warriors mysteriously never thought to steal a car either...LMAO!

Good for you with the zip ties! I did that on my CL so it looked like it was eating the stupid, state-mandated graffiti... Holes in bumpers are blasphemous!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Had a minor setback today.. Error code p2467 which from researching seems common? Just found it odd I would be have issues with such low miles so soon..

Hoping I won't have any more issues for a while .. Just hit about 55000 miles. We replaced the whole vtec solenoid.. and now she's back to running normal.

I'm still dealing with gas mileage, but it might just be my terrible driving habits.. I drove pure highway during the weekend and hit 180 miles at half tank.. compared to my usual 220 for the whole tank.

I plan on adding a double din within the next week, debating between cubby install or something else, not too sure yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not tryna stop ya but take it easy. I know you're excited and stuff but do your research carefully and pick what is best for your car. Please don't rice up this nice car.
Not sure what led you to believe I'd rice it up, but no worries everything will be done tastefully. For now, I'm starting with audio, so a double-din headunit, some new speakers and some subs in the trunk, etc etc.

I'll post just about anything I do anyways and I'm always available to feedback.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Not sure what led you to believe I'd rice it up, but no worries everything will be done tastefully. For now, I'm starting with audio, so a double-din headunit, some new speakers and some subs in the trunk, etc etc.

I'll post just about anything I do anyways and I'm always available to feedback.
Because you said its your first time "modding a car" so i just wanted to let you know. Don't worry you won't mess it up.

If you want a double din headunit, PM me I have a Jensen VX7022 for sale.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Pioneer Double Din installed, makes the stock speakers sound at least 5x louder.. no joke. Still replacing the speakers soon though.

Why go with the bottom double din? Why not replace main radio with aftermarket nav?

Just curious.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Why go with the bottom double din? Why not replace main radio with aftermarket nav?

Just curious.
Didn't do too much searching of replacing it with the NAV, but this double din seemed like the better choice to me. I'm going to be changing the sound system soon enough, getting some 12s, new speakers etc.

·
Roll Tide!
7,660 Posts

Just curious.
Prolly cuz the aftermarket nav units that fit in our dash are from china and have a crappy reliability and quality record.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts

Just curious.
Shady Chinese build quality ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Upgraded my sound system a bit more today, got me 2 audiopipe 12s, sounds amazing even with factory speakers right now. I'll be getting a speaker box and equalizer in the upcoming week.

They're meant to be TXX-BD2-12, but I have never seen them in this black and red color, its usually black and white so was a tad bit confused, but these bump HARD.

I also plan to get an intake and maybe work on my exhaust a bit, I'll stop by a shop and see what they could offer me. My biggest fear is fart can sounds :s.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Been a while I've updated my thread, so here's a few upgrades!

I bought 19s roughly a year ago, here they are without coils installed:

Was pretty excited, got the fenders rolled then installed d2 coilovers:

Pretty much how she's sitting now. I installed an intake, just need to get a nice exhaust and I'll pretty complete with everything I've had planned.

P.S. I still need to do the plate re-locator, it's still hanging!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts