Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good SQL setup for accord 07?
hey guys im improving my sound system in my 07 accord, i currently bought some Rockford Fosgate component speakers. In my car im going to be using the stock navi headunit so ill need to use high to low level inputs, instead since im looking for sql majorly im going with a 3sixty.2 now i want your opinion on the my system, should i change anything up?

Stock navi headunit
3sixty 2
Rf's t1652 6.5" for the doors
Rf's t1693 6x9 for the back
what amp should i get for speakers? "kenwood XR-4S" "Mb quartz 4.125" "Audiopipe 2000w" or any suggestions?
then for subs im thinking a
fi ssd or a good fi sub 15"
with an audiopipe amp for it

as i said sql is veryy important, what 4 chan amp should i get and wat sub/amp should i get guys...also wats a good sound sound deading material (cheap)

Thanks in advance

edit: alsoo since my car does not have a subwoofer meaning im not going to have any sub input on the 3sixty2 will i still get audio on the sub output in the 360?

·
Registered
52 Posts
you don't have to worry about the sub outputs being non-existent, because what you will do is hook the RCA's from your 3sixty.2 to your 4 channel amp, and then most amps these days have RCA output's as well, so you will just run the RCA output's to our second amp and it will be fine, that is not a problem.

You also said you were looking for an SQ system..... a 15inch sub is definitely something that I would not classify as a SQ sub... if I was you I'd go for a good 10 inch sub, Image Dynamics makes some serious SQ subs in both 10 and 12 inch, since the surface area of the sub is smaller it will give you a tighter, cleaner more crisp sound and that is what you are looking for in a SQ system. I run a 8inch 8w7, and it pounds if I want it but it provides great lower level fill and people think I am running at least 2 10inch subs when they hear my system.

For your amp, I would go with either a focal or JL slash series amp. I know JL is over priced but in reality, they do make some of the best sounding amps I have heard.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You also said you were looking for an SQ system..... a 15inch sub is definitely something that I would not classify as a SQ sub... if I was you I'd go for a good 10 inch sub, Image Dynamics makes some serious SQ subs in both 10 and 12 inch, since the surface area of the sub is smaller it will give you a tighter, cleaner more crisp sound and that is what you are looking for in a SQ system. I run a 8inch 8w7, and it pounds if I want it but it provides great lower level fill and people think I am running at least 2 10inch subs when they hear my system.
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno: :dunno:

Sub size does not determine frequency response....enclosure does.

·
Registered
52 Posts
:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno: :dunno:

Sub size does not determine frequency response....enclosure does.
:dunno:

I am unsure what you are trying to get at? tuning your enclosure to sub vs. an 8 inch sub being more crisp and cleaner then an 15 inch sub are two completely different thing.....

·
Registered
628 Posts
what determines the quickness of a speakers response is the inductance of the voice coil, not the size or the weight of the cone. Additionally, what you think is "snap" in the response is MUCH higher in freq and must be achieved thru proper tuning of the midbass/midrange freqs.

Sorry if I repeated what might be in the link, I haven't opened it yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
triple-p sent me a PM - I have asked him to repost it in the open forum here.

here is the response to it ... http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/WooferSpeed.pdf
this is what I sent to PaulD, on a side note, I was just on the adireaudio site today, looking at their BLx2 stuff, but I noticed that the site has gone out of business......

Okay, I know that a box has a lot to do with having the sub play properly, however, I still thing that an 8inch sub vs a 15inch sub that the 8 inch sub will be cleaner and crisper then the 15 inch sub..... and here is why, (mind you there are a ton of variables)

Take two subs lets say a 10 inch and 12 inch, both are identical so far as same RMS etc. At the same RMS the 10 inch sub will be faster because, 1 the voice coil weighs less to drive the 10inch sub, and second, the amount of air that the 10inch has to displace is smaller then the 12 inch, less displacement, means it can work through a single note faster then the 12 inch.

I was trying to think of an example, and the best I could think off is a punch press. You have a punch press, one is 2 inches and the other is 4 inches. You use the same amount of force on both. The 4 inch punch press will be slower in getting the job done, because it will use the same amount of force yet, on the whole surface of the punch press it will exert less force on lets say the sheet metal, which means, it will not punch a hole through the sheet metal at the same speed as the 2 inch punch press.

Know, if you have a 10 inch and 12 inch that are both equally the same, but have different RMS out puts lets say 500 for the smaller one and 600 for the larger one, most people in this case will get an amp that lets say puts out 500watts rms. Even in this case, the larger speaker will still be slower then the smaller speaker. If you used a 1000watt amp, I would still have to argue that the 10 inch speaker will move faster then the 12 inch speaker, but in this case, the 10 inch speaker will probably be distorting while the 12inch not so much.

Sorry, I don't see how the physics in this would change. All else equal, something smaller will be faster then something larger which is trying to displace a larger volume of air.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Take two subs lets say a 10 inch and 12 inch, both are identical so far as same RMS etc. At the same RMS the 10 inch sub will be faster because, 1 the voice coil weighs less to drive the 10inch sub, and second, the amount of air that the 10inch has to displace is smaller then the 12 inch, less displacement, means it can work through a single note faster then the 12 inch.
:lmao:

bigger sub doing less work=lower distortion

You really don't know the physics being audio.

·
Registered
628 Posts
wow, we go off track in a hurry on this - maybe a recap would be appropriate here

The mass of the speaker cone (and it's other parts) determines in large part the Fs .. the more mass, the lower the resonant freq

The job of the box (in an SQ system) is flatten out the impedance curve which will in turn flatten out the freq resp

A speakers voice coil is really just a large inductor. The job of an inductor is to oppose the flow of electricity, so the less inductance the coil has the less opposition it has to move very quickly when asked to - this is often referred to as impulse response.

This really isn't that difficult, just have to start out with the right facts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts