Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 EX-L V6/6spd sedan. The drivers side heated seat stopped functioning the other day. I replaced the switch with an OEM switch from the dealer. Now my seat only works on the low setting. I took the switch out and tested it and it appears to test fine in low/off/high positions. I was pointed to check the relays next but I don't know where they are located. Any help out there? I have owned Honda's for years and this is my first Gen 7 with heated seats. Winter is approaching and I'm trying to keep the mrs. tooshie warm. Any help is much appreciated

·
I detail my car, a lot.
651 Posts
The relays are located on the hood just above the engine air box. They are in a black box, you remove the lid and you will see fuses and some larger cube shaped objects. Those cubes are relays. On the inside of the lid there will be a diagram telling you what fuse/relay does what.

When you switch the switch to HI does the light come on?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I see this guy never responded. I just picked up an 07 EX with the exact same issue. The drivers seat heats on low but not hi. The light comes on when on LO but not on HI. Would there be separate relays for high and low?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I just picked up an 03 EX with the exact same issue. The drivers seat heats on low but not hi. The light comes on when on LO but not on HI. Would there be separate relays for high and low?
Anyone?

And BTW, I picked up an 03, not 07. No idea why I said 07.

·
Carpe Diem
2,566 Posts
The relays are located on the hood just above the engine air box. They are in a black box, you remove the lid and you will see fuses and some larger cube shaped objects. Those cubes are relays. On the inside of the lid there will be a diagram telling you what fuse/relay does what.
Did you do this? You could probably answer your own question.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Did you do this? You could probably answer your own question.
Not yet. It's the wife's car and I haven't been able to get my hands on it. I will this weekend though. Will there be two relays? One for high and one for low?

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
OK so there is only one relay for "heated seats". Checking relays would be a waste of time. Pasenger's side seat works on both high and low and the drivers seat only works on low.

Anyone ever have this problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
OK so there is only one relay for "heated seats". Checking relays would be a waste of time. Pasenger's side seat works on both high and low and the drivers seat only works on low.

Anyone ever have this problem.
See the test procedures for the seat heater connector under the seat and the seat heater switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Sweet thanks. What is that manual? I need one.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
See the test procedures for the seat heater connector under the seat and the seat heater switch.
Thanks for that test procedure. It's the switch. No continuity when Hi is on.

EDIT: now Hi works sometimes. Gonna put in the new switch anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts