Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I was looking to get an OEM front lip (or underbody spoiler) for my 07 Accord Coupe. I've found plenty of websites where they sell them for about $260, but the thing is, i dont wanna pay around $40 for shipping. So I was just wondering if dealers sold them straight up at the dealership, and how much would it be?

And also, would the 03-05 front lip fit my car too? Thank you! :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
You can buy the front lip at your stealership, most likely your gonna end up paying at least $100 more there. Making the $40 shipping cheap

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
My local dealer wanted to charge $125.00 for shipping, I'm 10 miles away. I told them i would pickup, they charged $10.00 for pick-up.

UPS & Fedex changed the oversized box Fees $100-$125 is normal.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dealer charges $355 + whatever your tax is. Pick up from my dealer is free but have to wait a week til they get it in. You can try to talk your way to get a discount but it's most likely just 10%. If you can do the talk, you might get away with an employee discount (25%). Those $40 shipping are just for show. The box that the lip comes in is huge so I doubt its just $40... I think the 03-05 lip will fit but with lil modifications and dealers cant get them no more.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Where the heck are you finding the 07 coupe lip for $40 shipped? Most sites I've looked at want 100+ for shipping.

Another issue you have to contend with is the fact that lots, if not most, dealerships and online parts houses don't have a lot of colors in stock anymore since the part is discontinued.

What color is your car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm using hondapartscheap.com, it's actually $30 shipped, total $290.00

i BELIEVE my car is the nighthawk black prl color, it looks completely black but in direct sunlight, it has a very dark blue shade to it.

The reason I'm asking about the dealership is because I have a friend who has a very good friend who works at a Honda dealership, and I'm pretty sure I can get an employee discount, but i don't know which would come out to be more expensive; the dealer with the discount, or just a flat $290.00

and this part is discontinued? :eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Not discontinued but the amount of stocks is almost gone and so is the color choices. Get the dealer with discount. Its cheaper. It should only cost you about $260 from the dealer. Thats how much i paid for mine from dealer with discount. I doubt the site will ship it for just $30.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My local dealer wanted to charge $125.00 for shipping, I'm 10 miles away. I told them i would pickup, they charged $10.00 for pick-up.

UPS & Fedex changed the oversized box Fees $100-$125 is normal.
$135 picked up IS A DEAL!!! If only I was on Florida.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
$135 picked up IS A DEAL!!! If only I was on Florida.
I think he meant the dealer that was 10 miles to him wanted to charge him $125 to ship it 10 miles... As in, cost of item + 125 :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think he meant the dealer that was 10 miles to him wanted to charge him $125 to ship it 10 miles... As in, cost of item + 125 :)
oops.. but still $10 + the wholesale/online price that they're selling it at.. is still a deal right??

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts

·
-Gene
656 Posts
lol yay for the rare cars

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Front lip was $199.00, they wanted to charge an additional $125.00 just for shipping. Paid $209.00 picked up.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
There is a brand new 06-07 coupe (I think, maybe 03-05) graphite grey pearl front lip on ebay for like $150 shipped I think.
There's the DMM 06-07, and a Deep Green 03-05 from the same seller that I linked above for <200 shipped.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts