·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What is "juddering vibration", Regards

Richard

·
Registered
71 Posts
i been hearing noise when braking for more than half a year, i took it to a independent repair shop and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. check the brake pads. nothing. but the noise is still there. they check to see if there were any service bulletin last month. nothing. so do you think i should have it check again?? the noise is beginning to annoy me. anybody experience this type of problem? i have a 08' accord EX-L V6.

·
JDM=FAD
609 Posts
i been hearing noise when braking for more than half a year, i took it to a independent repair shop and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. check the brake pads. nothing. but the noise is still there. they check to see if there were any service bulletin last month. nothing. so do you think i should have it check again?? the noise is beginning to annoy me. anybody experience this type of problem? i have a 08' accord EX-L V6.
Print this TSB out and take it to dealer if this is what is causing the problems? :dunno:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I took this TSB to the dealership with me yesterday when I had my brake fluid changed. No more brake squeal or slight "juddering vibration" upon braking. Niiiiiice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just, what's the mileage on your 08? How much was your brake job? I took this bulletin on over to Kuhn in Tampa and was denied. Told that goodwill consideration would probably not happen. Have yet to write a letter.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just got a letter in the mail today about the rear brakes covering 08-09 model Accord from Honda.

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just, what's the mileage on your 08? How much was your brake job? I took this bulletin on over to Kuhn in Tampa and was denied. Told that goodwill consideration would probably not happen. Have yet to write a letter.
27700 miles. I just handed them the TSB and they said they'd perform it. They never asked if I had the symptoms, although I did. :dunno: They performed two other TSBs I was unaware of, too. :paranoid: Everything they did was no charge, except the brake fluid change for $119 ($94 after a coupon).

·
Registered
371 Posts
thats some expensive brake fluid where can i get me some, better be motul 5.1 :)
I'm sure it's what was used originally. I really don't care - I did not feel like doing a brake fluid change myself. Hey. I got new front brake pads, resurfaced rotors, a brake fluid change, and other miscellaneous things taken care of. I'm not going to complain. :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
so i finally had it check out. it effected my model. so now they have to change the brake pads with the v-spring. not sure about the warranty, how many miles does the warranty covers??? they told me 13K. that doesnt seem right. but they made a mistake and told me 36K, i'm at 25K. so now they gave it to me for free. so that is the good part. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank goodness I stumbled across this thread!! Was going to take the car in for new front pads next week. Whoo! Thanks princess!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is the bulletin I've been waiting for! My brakes have been squealing on my 08 ex-l coupe since I've bought it. I had it looked at about 3 times before giving up.

I turned in this bulletin and got my front brakes replaced for FREE!!! Also my back brake pads had already worn out at only 27k miles. They were making an awful sound which appeared to be hitting a "sensor". They replaced those with the new pads as well for FREE! I am very excited as I don't hear a peep when slowly braking anymore.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts