Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advise on what tire I should get for the stock 17inch rim.
the pilot tires are rotting on me already at 28k miles.
I keep reading tire reviews, but none show accord coupe reviews, so I need advise.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
I would read the reviews for the sedan then. It's the same car.

If it was me, I would try 235/50/17 next.

It's a tiny bit taller, that's ok since I got a V6. And a fatter tire will fill out better in appearance. I feel the Accord corners as well as I would like for daily use, and I don't track the car. So whatever tire flex people say with taller tires won't be an issue for me.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Where do you live? What are your main concerns: price, noise, ride quality, handling? If you never take the car where the temperature goes below 40 and you want the best handling I'd get ultra high performance or better summer tires. They will provide the best wet and dry traction and the shortest braking distance, but they **** if the temperature gets below 40 or so. If it gets below 40 and you're still concerned about handling, I would get an ultra high performance all season. Grand touring tires like the OEM Michelins are geared toward ride comfort, noise, and usually long life, although I think the OEM tires are extremely loud and have terrible handling.

FWIW I am running 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT ultra high performance all seasons. Even though I bumped the wheel size up an inch and went with a slightly lower profile tire, I feel they are a far superior tire. The ride is not any more harsh, they are much quieter, and the handling and braking are worlds better. They are also about $100 a tire less than the OEM tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts