Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Accord EX-L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Accord while driving idle will fluctuate up and down about 200-300 RPMs. What would be causing that? Also, when I start from a stop it kind of sputters or struggles and most of the time hit it so it goes through the gears quicker if that makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Past Doritos Spinner
4,057 Posts
It could be a vacuum leak(likely a crack in the intake system), or if you tried cleaning the throttle body recently, you need to have the car relearn idle.

When I cleaned my throttle body, my idle was out of wack as well. I disconnected the battery, had two ends of the battery cables attached(through two wrenches), waited about 15 minutes, and then let the car idle for a while. Never had any issues ever since.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
When you're driving your engine is not idling. It is your foot that is causing the fluctuation.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,212 Posts
If your rpms are fluctuating while driving (thus you are in gear) my money is on the transmission. I've had enough isses with my previous Acura cl 3.2 and had similar issues. TQ converter was screwed one time, other time the clutch packs were fried.

Likely its a transmission issue and you just don't see CEL light yet.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,821 Posts
^^ When's the last time you changed tranny fluid? I bought my 8th gen with 48k miles, and in the 50k range I had similar symptoms. A 3x drain and fill stopped it. Even if that doesn't cure your problem, it's critical maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts