Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My first post . I must say this site has been great dealing with this car. I too have the Paint Chipping, Rear break Issue, Dead Battery, with Dimming lights (Thank you ELD) accord 8th gen. Since I have to keep the car I have decided to at least upgrade the audio side. Little did I know I was going to have low battery power issues with a crap ELD system?

I need Car Audio guru help with my system. I have replaced the crap stock a Head unit with a sony 3800 HU and I have decided to use some of my friends old system 1 rockford fosgate t212d4 12” sub and a JL Audio 1000/1 amp. I already have installed a 4 channel amp JL 320.4 powering 4 polk audio db6501 and that system did not dim the lights. On the other hand I installed the Sub and Amp and the lights dim to the point of almost turning off and half the volume. So I have removed it until I can figure out what to do about this issue.

I have read that some have upgraded their battery to group 35 yellow top and some go with cheaper interstate megatron as a fix to dimming light issue caused by Hondas ELD. I would like to keep the sub and amp but I don’t want to cause damage to the car electrical system. I have read on doing the big 3 as an upgrade but I don’t see how that will help a crapy charging system. I have read many opinions on capacitors. I searched for High Output Alternators for our cars but haven’t found any that can bypass the ELD.

So now the question is what have you guys been able to do to your cars to help with the dimming and higher end audio. I want a nice sound system and do not plan to compete nor do I want my car to shake apart . Just looking for good audio.
Any opinions and help are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
What do you guys think about the sears brand of Odyssey battery? Can our alternators charge this battery?

Sear Brand of Odyssey
It's a rebranded Odyssey, it's a good battery. Why wouldn't our alternator be able to charge it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks xJoeMama78. Being a much larger battery that is in place now and that our alternators are as good as ELD allows it, makes me wonder if it can charge this battery or even larger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts