Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, looking to do a plug and play to switch out all of my lights in the headlight.

For the lights im looking at right now, after some research on the forum, probably going to go with Philips X-treme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs, since they seem to be brighest for our projector housing without a retrofit (although i think they were talking about the sedan, so will this fit the coupe?, i know we have different bulbs)

However, I also want to upgrade the DRL and fog lights to something brighter than stock without retrofitting, any ideas? I saw there is a h9 mod for the fog lights i think it was?

Thanks you!

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
You can certainly try the Xtreme vision bulbs you're suggesting, but I ended up going back to stock bulbs after only 6 months because they burned out in my '14... disappointing to say the least. While "brighter" halogen bulbs are much cheaper than any other option, I've not had good luck with any of them(unless I include the Phillips HIRs I've had in my "06. They're still going strong....) I'm going to try Diode Dynamics LEDs in my low beams, next. They're about $150 for a pair., and from what I've read so far, people are pretty pleased with them.
They also make other bulbs for fogs, interior, too, so maybe you could start there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can certainly try the Xtreme vision bulbs you're suggesting, but I ended up going back to stock bulbs after only 6 months because they burned out in my '14... disappointing to say the least. While "brighter" halogen bulbs are much cheaper than any other option, I've not had good luck with any of them(unless I include the Phillips HIRs I've had in my "06. They're still going strong....) I'm going to try Diode Dynamics LEDs in my low beams, next. They're about $150 for a pair., and from what I've read so far, people are pretty pleased with them.
They also make other bulbs for fogs, interior, too, so maybe you could start there.
oh wow those did not last long at all, i'll keep searching around, i was under the impression that they were going to longer than that, perhaps you were unlucky? Anyways thanks, i'll look at diodes :)

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
oh wow those did not last long at all, i'll keep searching around, i was under the impression that they were going to longer than that, perhaps you were unlucky? Anyways thanks, i'll look at diodes :)
Like I said, personally I've not had good luck with any Honda I've owned when I go to a non stock halogen bulb, i.e; Silverstars, etc.
FWIW, I loved 'em, they gave out a good light, weren't obnoxiously bright and especially good in my projectors...but. I can't keep putting $50 dollar bulbs in every six months...
Years ago a mechanic told me the alternators Honda uses increase the voltage so much it's a common issue...who knows.

·
Turbo lag
1,050 Posts
I also have the Xtreme vision bulbs (in my lowbeams). I put them in 3 years ago and they are still working. Although, I would say that there is a visible decrease in output after all these years of use.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Retro is the way to go. S2000 ap1’s is what I’m rocking. One of the best HID projectors ever made, or the tl projector. H11 mod is cool too super easy and an increase in like 600 lumens. Putting anything other than a halogen bulb in the projector will give you weird glare to oncoming traffic. I deleted the Drl by pulling the fuse and used 6000k/amber switching led for the running lights, super clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts