Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything cheap I can do to the exhaust or have down I should say that would make it louder? I know absolutely nothing about exhaust systems so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I don't want to pour out a ton of money for a full cat-back exhaust. What are my options that won't make it sound like crap.. or should I just leave it stock if I'm not going with a full exhaust?

What would just changing out the mufflers do? What are my options for that?

Removing resonators?

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
You could get bolt up mufflers and have an exhaust shop mount them up, but it won't be bolt up. Different exhausts all have different sounds, just a matter of choice really

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure if the 8th gen is the same as a 7th gen but if your looking for some sound you can always have a muffler shop remove your resonator and mid muffler.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Is there anything cheap I can do to the exhaust or have down I should say that would make it louder? I know absolutely nothing about exhaust systems so I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I don't want to pour out a ton of money for a full cat-back exhaust. What are my options that won't make it sound like crap.. or should I just leave it stock if I'm not going with a full exhaust?

What would just changing out the mufflers do? What are my options for that?

Removing resonators?
Drill a few 1/2" holes in the exhaust pipe just before the muffler. You can seal em up with a cut section of pipe and clamps when you need to be quiet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts