Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 08 LX-P from a family member that is the original owner. The exhaust finisher fell off on the road some where and I took it to the dealer to have it replaced under warranty along with a number of other things because I only have 15 days left on my warranty. The dealer is saying the LX-P did not come with an exhaust finisher. I was under the impression they all did. Is the dealer just giving me the run around?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't think they did...my gf's had it, but the originally buyer of the car had ordered it and had it installed before she picked up from the dealer (he backed out of the deal).

I CAN tell you the dealer cost with slight markup shouldn't be more than $45. Also, don't torque down the nut too much...you will snap it off which is probably why your old one fell off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind guys found the info on the owner resource tab on Honda's website. I printed the info and will take it into the dealer with me when I pick up my car tomorrow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just for further information, my 08 lx-p came with the exhaust tip. Though I'm not sure if it's because my car is PZEV.

Best of luck at the dealer.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Good to hear that you got the tip extension under warranty . One thing I did was I had a muffler shop weld the nuts so they won't fall off or get stolen.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts