Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the stock factory Michelin Tires (225/50-17) on my 09 Accord. And for some reason the front tires are worn out a lot more than my rears. So i was asked by the Auto store to replace the fronts as they wouldn't last long.
Any reason why the fronts have more wear/tear.

And now coming to replacing the fronts.. what are my options.. i only see discounts for buying 4.. Any suggestions would be appreciated on where/what to look for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if you have been rotating your tires regularly or not but that has a lot to do with tire ware. I don't know what the recommended intervals are but I do mine every 5000 miles witch is pretty much every oil change. I only have a little over 12,000 miles on my Accord and I have had 2 oil changes and 2 tire rotations so far an my tires still look new. I know rotating the tires every 5000 miles is a little over kill but if it makes my tires last longer I am ok with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the tires have not been rotated then my assumption is that since the car is FWD and since the front wheels steer as well, this would cause more wear on the front tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are my options going with 2 tires (as i have michelins on my rears that am not replacing will the fronts need to be the same or can we mix n match with others.)
I am looking for mid range all season tires nothing fancy. Any names that people would suggest based on their experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What are my options going with 2 tires (as i have michelins on my rears that am not replacing will the fronts need to be the same or can we mix n match with others.)
I am looking for mid range all season tires nothing fancy. Any names that people would suggest based on their experience.
Yes, you can just replace 2 tires on the front but unless you rotate them they will ware fast to. Or you can buy all 4 tires new and start rotating them from the get go. As far as Michelins, I don't care for them. I cant tell you what I have on my 2012 Accord right now as it is still in the body shop ( Hail Damage repair) but I can tell you about MY Michelin experience when I bought my new 2008 Honda Ridgeline. They was wore out by the time I hit 27,000 miles. I swore I would not put another set of Michelins on any other vehicle I owned. I put a set of Uniroyal's on it and it was good to go. As far as good brands of tires there are a lot out there. These are just MY personal choice's and I am sure others will give you more input. My wife's new 2013 Civic came with Hankook tires, this was the first time we ever had that brand and so far they have a nice ride and low road noise. I also liked the Uniroyal's and I like B.F. Goodrich. I like the Firestone Firehawk brand and Cooper tires. There are a lot more out there for more or less money. You can also go to www.tirerack.com and look at the brands they carry and read user reviews on them. Let us know what you find out. Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow.. this is so confusing i see tires from 100 to 500 range and everything that i see has mixed reviews.
Am i better off going with Costco instead of sears or DT. I believe they offer free rotation/alignment for the life of the tires and that should offset the savings that i get from
other stores. Is that a fair assumption.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts