Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
07 Sdn
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the 2009 Civic si wheels on my car with NO spacers! They are 45mm offset and they clear the calipers! Pictures to follow :) The wheels came with the stock 215/45/17 tires. I believe I am supposed to go with 215/50/17 so i'm a little worried :(

I'll try and get some pics up asap

·
07 Sdn
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I know LOL :lmao:
Here you go...not the best pic. For some reason these wheels look much better on the gen7 accord than they do on the gen8 civic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm looks good. i might look into this. i keep curbing my TL-S rims cause of the higher offset. the civics have the same offset as the accord right? btw, do you think these will clear drum brakes as well? not sure if the drums are bigger than the discs/calipers.

·
07 Sdn
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should clear the drums easily. The offset is 45mm. The stock Accord alloy 16" wheels are 55mm so the SI wheels come 10mm (0.3 inches) closer in. You don't notice it at all partially because of the aggressive profile of these si wheels and partially because the tires are wider. It really sits well in the wheel wells :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
They should clear the drums easily. The offset is 45mm. The stock Accord alloy 16" wheels are 55mm so the SI wheels come 10mm (0.3 inches) closer in. You don't notice it at all partially because of the aggressive profile of these si wheels and partially because the tires are wider. It really sits well in the wheel wells :)
Actually the lower the offset, the farther it sticks out.

·
07 Sdn
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok. LOL :D I can never get it straight. I have the same trouble with Oversteer and Understeer hahaha :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
interesting.. so theyre the same offsets as the TL rims.. but they should be narrower right? so they wont be as flush? i forget how wide the TL-S rims are.. 17x8?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
not too crazy on the look, but i've always wondered how they'd look like on the 7th gens. there's a prelude with the same wheels around where i live.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
interesting.. so theyre the same offsets as the TL rims.. but they should be narrower right? so they wont be as flush? i forget how wide the TL-S rims are.. 17x8?
Correct on all questions. lol

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
i ran 215/45/17's for a year , you'll be fine its not that much of a difference besides a larger wheel gap and a tiny bit lower.

·
mobiless2
2,198 Posts
Looks good. Different

·
07 Sdn
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i ran 215/45/17's for a year , you'll be fine its not that much of a difference besides a larger wheel gap and a tiny bit lower.
Cool thanks!
You do notice the extra wheel gap though :) I didn't think it would be that noticeable but at certain angles you can tell. I'll run it for a little bit and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Haha, I love doing these to see how they look.

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
589 Posts
I could have saved you the the trouble and told you that all honda/acura/nissan wheels with +55 offset or less fit.

I went through about 4 sets of acura and honda wheels.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts