Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alohaaaaaaa I'm Jon from Maui Hawaii I have a 13 accord sport automatic and I'm new to this but did anybody ever bring their 9th gen down the 1/4 mile? I brought mines down last weekend and I didn't get the results I thought it would of been lol . Car and driver said it should be in the 15s with the sport shift but the best run I could squeeze out was a 17.0. Anybody know any tips I can do to get a better run thanks and aloha to all

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
I brought mines down last weekend and I didn't get the results I thought it would of been lol .

Welcome to Drive Accord.

Please don't bring mines to a track, and never transport them. They weigh a lot, and can explode- killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people and their pets.

Reduce the weight of your car and stop transporting explosives to a race track!

·
Car Nut
58 Posts
I'd say go back on a cool day, but you're in Maui...do you have any? If it was a hot day, or you we're sporting a full tank of gas, these will impact times. Also, keep in mind car magazines will often abuse cars to get the best times, as well as adjust for atmospheric conditions to try and equalize the playing field. Since you bought the I4/CVT, you didn't buy it for it's performance, so I'd just accept it, and move on. It's still a nice car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say go back on a cool day, but you're in Maui...do you have any? If it was a hot day, or you we're sporting a full tank of gas, these will impact times. Also, keep in mind car magazines will often abuse cars to get the best times, as well as adjust for atmospheric conditions to try and equalize the playing field. Since you bought the I4/CVT, you didn't buy it for it's performance, so I'd just accept it, and move on. It's still a nice car.
Hehe it was a cool night but I'm fine with the time I still love my Honda goin all for looks now thanks bro

Welcome to Drive Accord.

Don't bring mines to a track, and don't transport them. They weigh a lot, and can explode- killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people and their pets.

Reduce the weight!
Just was a test didn't wanna strip it down hehe but it's ok I got my 6th gen to race

·
No PRND
583 Posts
must need a change in driver....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Alohaaaaaaa I'm Jon from Maui Hawaii I have a 13 accord sport automatic and I'm new to this but did anybody ever bring their 9th gen down the 1/4 mile? I brought mines down last weekend and I didn't get the results I thought it would of been lol . Car and driver said it should be in the 15s with the sport shift but the best run I could squeeze out was a 17.0. Anybody know any tips I can do to get a better run thanks and aloha to all
I have taken my 9th gen V6! and was embarrassed running 14 flat. I wouldn't have the balls to take a i4 family sedan to a quartermile drag.:lmao:

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
I have taken my 9th gen V6! and was embarrassed running 14 flat. I wouldn't have the balls to take a i4 family sedan to a quartermile drag.:lmao:
What was your speed? Any mods?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome to Drive Accord.

Please don't bring mines to a track, and never transport them. They weigh a lot, and can explode- killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people and their pets.

Reduce the weight of your car and stop transporting explosives to a race track!
:lmao:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've been to Maui and seen the locals and that Loco Moco breakfast of champions! Could be one to many loco moco's ;)...

·
Registered
311 Posts
What was your speed? Any mods?
99 mph. The Takeda intake and the oiled filter. Removed my spare tire. Even though these all make very little difference. Make sure you turn the a/c off(this makes a huge difference). Edit; Its an automatic fyi, sport mode and I didn't bother using the paddles.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
Please tell us your 60" time , you can up your rear tires to 50psi or so (manufacture max psi) to help keep weight over your front tires to improve your 60" time. Check your front end alignment to make sure it is within spec.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Can anyone confirm from various post and comments it seems that for flat out acceleration

I was under the impression that
D mode is the faster of the two modes
S mode is better in twisties and keeping the car in its power band?
Though S mode roar sound better.

Any insight into this would be great.

@sleeper Though a 14 second car is impressive already considering it is not crazily modded or anything of the sort.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can anyone confirm from various post and comments it seems that for flat out acceleration

I was under the impression that
D mode is the faster of the two modes
S mode is better in twisties and keeping the car in its power band?
Though S mode roar sound better.

Any insight into this would be great.

@sleeper Though a 14 second car is impressive already considering it is not crazily modded or anything of the sort.
Yeah 14 is quick but I've seen the car run 13.8 or 13.9 it may be close but makes a difference to me!

S mode keeps it above 3k rpm usually or higher. For the coupe paddles work better.

D mode much less throttle response just an economical mode.

I constantly drive switching between sport when I want to goose it and drive when I'm just cruising!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I switch between them often myself because of the pure fun factor, but after a tank at 18 MPG average I think I will be sticking with DEco mode for now on. The car is not made for racing (Even though the engine feels like it)

I would be happy with 14 second stock family car.. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I switch between them often myself because of the pure fun factor, but after a tank at 18 MPG average I think I will be sticking with DEco mode for now on. The car is not made for racing (Even though the engine feels like it)

I would be happy with 14 second stock family car.. :)
Eco mode is counterproductive never use it. If you're like me you will always average 19 mpg with this car. Who else can say they thrash their car but still get almost 20 mpg!!!:naughty:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Why is Eco mode counter productive? I was thinking I have had my fun and was gonna start driving good again :).. My last vehicle is an 84 pickup with 96 HP lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ran a 14.0 @98 mph in my auto coupe stock. I hardly think thats embarrassing for the type of car the Accord is. In fact lots of people were pretty surprised the new Accord was that quick. What was embarrassing was the guy in a Hyundai genesis coupe (turbo 4) not able to get into the 14's, or the manual Mustang V6 (3.7 model) in the high 14's, or the 03 Cobra constantly getting beat by a diesel 4x4 chevy truck running low 13's.

As soon as I get a chance, I will head back to the track to see what difference the intake and exhaust has made.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I ran a 14.0 @98 mph in my auto coupe stock. I hardly think thats embarrassing for the type of car the Accord is. In fact lots of people were pretty surprised the new Accord was that quick. What was embarrassing was the guy in a Hyundai genesis coupe (turbo 4) not able to get into the 14's, or the manual Mustang V6 (3.7 model) in the high 14's, or the 03 Cobra constantly getting beat by a diesel 4x4 chevy truck running low 13's.

As soon as I get a chance, I will head back to the track to see what difference the intake and exhaust has made.
What difference would sticky summer tires and lowering the front pressure and raising the back tire pressure make? :dunno:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I didnt mess with tire pressures other than making sure they were set properly. I have the HFP wheels on my car so I run a higher pressure than the OEM size (36psi). I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Traction really isnt an issue at a dragstrip.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts