Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Accord that is lower on the rear left by half an inch. I've taken it back to the dealer and they've told me it is due to having a full tank of gas. I've told them it also that way when it's at a quarter of a tank. They say the reason is the gas tank is mounted to the left rear side, but I got underneath my car to look at the gas tank position and found that it's nearly centered - only slightly to the left, and it's sitting at the back passenger seat and foot position. I find it hard to believe it would cause a half inch drop. If that is the case that would mean the right rear would drop some compared to the front (RL, RR), but all other three measure all exactly the same.

I did put a Honda lowering sports suspension kit on the car because the dealer said the spring might be tempered wrong. It didn't make a difference. After that is when they came up with the full gas tank explanation.

Anyone else have this problem or know of anyone with this issue?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Your car leans slightly left. My gen 7 leans slightly right. I also have the HFP suspension kit on my car.

When my car was at full tanks prior to installing camber correctors it would drop over 3/4" on a full tank from an empty tank.

Have the alignment checked, I'd be interested to see what the rear camber is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts