Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just got 10' alpine subs installed on my accord. It was a pretty neat process and now the audio sounds much better, but the rear deck or some sort of rattling is happening in the back, do you guys know anything i could do to stop this rattling since that make the audio quality really:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dynamat works wonders!! easy to install too.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Or get stuff cheaper at sounddeadenershowdown.com. Also known as CLD tiles.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
How'd you manage to fit a 10' sub in the car?
That was the first thing I thought when I read the title... sad to see you beat me to it...

·
Registered
462 Posts
You guys beat me to it. That's one massive sub!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Without pictures i cannot fathom a 10 foot subwoofer in an Accord. Maybe in a F350 flatbed.

joking of course, but you should post pics please.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Is a 10' sub bigger or smaller than the one Marty McFly blew up at Docs house?

Jay

·
Registered
310 Posts
Maybe he neglected to mention he got some sort of enclosure and we are assuming he mounted them on the rear deck?

·
Registered
103 Posts
By no means is this the "best" way, but here is the laziest way to fix it temporarily. I just used 2 microfiber cloths in there to hold me over for now until I save up some money to buy sound deadner and speakers for the rear so I can replace it all at once.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How'd you manage to fit a 10' sub in the car?
sorry its a enclosed box i will get the pics in tonight. Tbh i thought ANC would the problem but that didn't cause any problems. Just got some serious trunk rattling.:lmao:

Maybe he neglected to mention he got some sort of enclosure and we are assuming he mounted them on the rear deck?
yes its a enclosure it works great.

By no means is this the "best" way, but here is the laziest way to fix it temporarily. I just used 2 microfiber cloths in there to hold me over for now until I save up some money to buy sound deadner and speakers for the rear so I can replace it all at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRnMRfLCr1o
who thinks this will work on the 9th gen accord?

·
Registered
120 Posts
heck yes i'm going to try this. thanks for posting the vid. Even with my music OFF, driving on paved roads i have a rattle. Hope this works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts