Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I took my car to get a squeaky chair repaired and when I came back I noticed something weird when putting my seat cover back on. I found out that the service people never put a 10 mm bolt back in to lock the seat in place. When I looked at it I found out the bracket thing where you put the bolt in is not lined up with the hole for the bolt so I'm guessing they tried to just hide it and hope I wouldn't find out (but being me I ended up doing a thorough check and found the error). I am so sick of going back for issue after issue. Would you guys just let it go or go back and complain? This is for a brand new car :/...

·
Registered
941 Posts
So yesterday I took my car to get a squeaky chair repaired and when I came back I noticed something weird when putting my seat cover back on. I found out that the service people never put a 10 mm bolt back in to lock the seat in place. When I looked at it I found out the bracket thing where you put the bolt in is not lined up with the hole for the bolt so I'm guessing they tried to just hide it and hope I wouldn't find out (but being me I ended up doing a thorough check and found the error). I am so sick of going back for issue after issue. Would you guys just let it go or go back and complain? This is for a brand new car :/...
Just take it back and tell them to put the bolt in. It's an easy enough fix. If you can order the right bolt, do it yourself to avoid the hassle.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
No, I would just post it on a forum, like you did.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just take it back and tell them to put the bolt in. It's an easy enough fix. If you can order the right bolt, do it yourself to avoid the hassle.
well when I checked it seemed like the bracket wasn't aligned with the bolt hole which I'm guessing is the reason they left it out. Is the missing bolt something I should worry about?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
If its one of the bolts that attache the entire seat/frame to the body of the car, then YES, get it put back! Why are you reluctant to just contact the dealer and ask them to make it right? The seat was completely bolted in when you took it in for repair, right? Honda does just make bolt holes and install fasteners for no reason.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Are you the non confrontational type?

Of course you should go back and have them put the bolt back in. Its a mediocre service job. I'd make a comment about this to the service advisor, who knows you may get a free oil change.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
If you don't have the bolt, look it up on any Honda parts website and do it yourself. This is probably a safety issue to take care of this ASAP.

When they replaced the valve cover gasket on my V6, they just slapped the engine cover on and it was missing 2 of the 4 rubber grommets that hold it over the studs. It was flapping all over the place. It's an honest mistake but totally unacceptable. I just ordered some online and replaced myself. Like I always say the more hands that touch something, the more screwed up it gets. Do as much as you are capable of doing yourself so it gets done right.

·
No PRND
749 Posts
Every time I work on a car I have a few leftover bolts, I have a box full of them now. Its called weight reduction. The scariest one was a 8" bolt I had leftover after a transmission swap.

·
Elvira - the car
3,514 Posts
Are you the non confrontational type?

Of course you should go back and have them put the bolt back in. Its a mediocre service job. I'd make a comment about this to the service advisor, who knows you may get a free oil change.
Then they will forget to put the drain plug back in !

I would definitely, at the very least, call and tell the service adviser of their screwup and get the bolt myself. OR bring it back and have them fix it again. They hate call backs and ask for a survey to fill out.

I always do as you do regarding checking the job after it's completed and have done the inspection in the parking lot or pickup lane of the service department. This time, I admit, would be somewhat impractical to remove the seat and check. But I'd guess you have better things to do.

@GreenTeaRex It's finally up to you whether you want the hassle of going back or fixin' it yourself. If I had nothing else better to do I'd pursue the dealership route. I'd guess though that you DO have better things to do.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Then they will forget to put the drain plug back in !

I would definitely, at the very least, call and tell the service adviser of their screwup and get the bolt myself......
That would be my preferred option. I dislike sloppy work and would always want to know it happened/is happening. But it's so much easier just to loosen and realign if necessary and install a small bolt myself than waste all the time and effort taking it back to the dealer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would be my preferred option. I dislike sloppy work and would always want to know it happened/is happening. But it's so much easier just to loosen and realign if necessary and install a small bolt myself than waste all the time and effort taking it back to the dealer
The problem with this is I don't know if the reason they left it out was because the seat squeaked again (which is the reason I had it replaced in the first place) or they just got lazy. I don't want to do it myself and find out it squeaks then they come up with a reason not to get it repaired under warranty again. BUT I also don't know what else they will not do (or "forget") to do if they had to do this job again...

·
Registered
792 Posts
OP, do you ask for permission to go to the bathroom?

This is simple, really.... If the car is still under warranty, take it back to the dealer, talk to the service manager and show him how the repair was left. Have them fix the problem and move on. If the car isn't under warranty, buy the bolt, put it in and move on.

In the entire time it took you to open up a thread and debate what you should do, your issue could've been fixed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP, do you ask for permission to go to the bathroom?

This is simple, really.... If the car is still under warranty, take it back to the dealer, talk to the service manager and show him how the repair was left. Have them fix the problem and move on. If the car isn't under warranty, buy the bolt, put it in and move on.

In the entire time it took you to open up a thread and debate what you should do, your issue could've been fixed.
i want my 30 seconds back from clicking on this thread.
fix it yourself or take it back...who cares
haha sorry I just was venting during the time also. I am just annoyed how sloppy the servicemen can do and they think they could get away with what can be very dangerous. I am very disappointed that I have to go back AGAIN to fix something that should've been done the first time. Rant over. Thanks guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts