Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car just turned 100k miles. Anyone else have that many miles yet? All in all this has been a very good car so far. Only 200k more to go before Im done with it. Time for a 105k service soon.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Congrats, those are huge numbers for an 08. Any reapairs along the way other than regular maintenance?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only major problem that I had was at 40k miles I had to have my rotors turned. Other then that this has been a good car. Some small problems but it gets me where I need to go. I do miss my hids so im getting another good set put in in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
851 Posts
nice and congrats about how much % of your life are you in your car if in ~3 years you put 100k miles on it

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
The only major problem that I had was at 40k miles I had to have my rotors turned. Other then that this has been a good car. Some small problems but it gets me where I need to go. I do miss my hids so im getting another good set put in in the next few weeks.
That's a really good track record if there has been no major repairs over that mileage. Brake Pads/Rotors are maintenance, HID's can happen but you should have a lifetime warranty with Retrosolutions so it shouldn't cost you money out of pocket.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very cool that you've only had minor issues so far with 100k. I've only got 9500 on my '08 (thanks to previous owner) but I know how fast they add up. I put 75k on my Pacifica in 3.5 years...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This car was the first honda that I had to every replace a rotor so I was shocked that it had to be replaced at only 40k miles. I forgot to add that at 90k spark plugs 3 and 6 had some kind of residue on them which would make them miss fire. The dealer was not able to find out where that residue came from or why it was on there. I had them replace all my spark plugs. The car loved that. Make it brand new again.

Other then that this had been a real good car. I did not like the stock tires so I put on some better one. My problem is that I have to remember to make sure I get an alignment done about every 5 months to keep my tires good. My current tires are 50k mile tires but they still have about 40% of life left on them do to me keeping my rotations and alignments done. I have been real happy with this car and plan to get another honda next time around or maybe a ford sho ( please dont hate me). I will say I will get get tan leather again. Its to easy to mark them up.

I know some of you all should be close to 100k. I drive alot in my car and wanted a good comfortable car this time around. I love the car so much that in my first year I put on 42k miles on it. I bough the car with 3 miles on the odometer at Hardin County Honda in elizabethtown ky on feb 16 2008. Its almost 3 years old.

I do miss a manual though. I keep looking at the acura tl 6 speed :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Last time I checked the average yearly mileage was 12-15k, so you put on far more miles than most people. I'm barely at 24k in my '08.

·
w2!
33 Posts
i have around 76k on it and only routine maintanence done...no problems yet

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Very cool that you've only had minor issues so far with 100k. I've only got 9500 on my '08 (thanks to previous owner) but I know how fast they add up. I put 75k on my Pacifica in 3.5 years...
I put on 1,650 in a month in a half, but I think thats pretty average :dunno:

·
BringTheIntegraBack
367 Posts
One day I will reach 100K on an Accord. Still waiting for a 6MT V6 Coupe to appear in these parts. It better happen soon; my kid has got his permit and has set his eyes on my current car!

·
BringTheIntegraBack
367 Posts
Oh, forgot to say that I have browsed these forums for a long time. This mileage thread got me to sign up and make my first post. Thank you all for some fun reading!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did all that at the dealer. I take my car in every 15k miles for check up

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wanted to bump this as I had a question. About to go in and change my timing belt but wanted to know if you all suggest that I also change out my water pump at the same time or wait to do that a bit latter on?

·
O do u know the buffinman
4,560 Posts
I wanted to bump this as I had a question. About to go in and change my timing belt but wanted to know if you all suggest that I also change out my water pump at the same time or wait to do that a bit latter on?
Always change water pump w/T belt. Why pay for labor twice?

Water pump failure is the cause of T/belt failure 90% of the time.

I1:)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ah i see. I dont remember if I did that with my old accord or not. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts