Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 10th generation Accord practically sits on the ground. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to “lower” this vehicle!

·
HK Moderator
13,401 Posts

·
Past Doritos Spinner
3,997 Posts
That's a problem for modern Sedans in general.

My friend's 18 Mazda6 also scrapes very easily.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

·
Honda Enthusiast
1,928 Posts
I plan to lower my car in future. As it sits now, I have never scraped anything. The front bumper has zero scratches on the underside. All it requires is basic levels of care when driving. Approach inclines at an appropriate angle, slow over speed humps/road imperfections, etc.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It is a bit low. And the front jack point is very far back (1.163 m from the front). So trying to get my hydraulic jack under there to lift the front to put jackstands was a no go w/o first putting wheels up on about 3" thick worth of wood.

Even then there was no room to operate the jack handle. Had to use a screwdriver. Lot of work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Far from being too low (at least for me) and I'm guessing the OP has never driven a lowered car before. I've lowered every car I've had and 30 years later, I'm still lowering my cars including my 2019 Touring. After all these years driving in the DC area, I very rarely had any issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The car is a 4x4 stock. I was so glad when I lowered the car on eibach sport lines and it's still too high.

·
Registered
94 Posts
10th gen seems low I think because the sill is high making it difficult to get in and out if you're more than 1/2 a century old.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Far from being too low (at least for me) and I'm guessing the OP has never driven a lowered car before. I've lowered every car I've had and 30 years later, I'm still lowering my cars including my 2019 Touring. After all these years driving in the DC area, I very rarely had any issues.
Now thats saying alot. Being from Maryland and knowing DC streets, to drive a lowered car and not having any issues is something.. LOL.. Most Maryland streets suck, but i'm not taking my accord anywhere near DC streets on purpose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now thats saying alot. Being from Maryland and knowing DC streets, to drive a lowered car and not having any issues is something.. LOL.. Most Maryland streets suck, but i'm not taking my accord anywhere near DC streets on purpose.
It's knowing the roads and knowing your routes, I don't drive into DC much anymore, that's what metro is for but I have driven to Georgetown and the Mall many times in the past. I travel from NoVA to MD often (mostly beltway to 50) and no issues. I've bent wheels a couple times but being low had nothing to do with it. Funny b/c I get asked all the time "how do get around being so low?" and my response is, if I don't have problems getting to 99.9% of my routine destinations, then I have no issues. Then their follow question "what if there's a shopping center or parking garage you can't get into?" I respond with "ummm, I just don't go there" lol.

And I'm actually referring to my VW which most would consider slammed (lowered literally on top of the tires, no wheel gap). My Touring is lowered on H&R Sport, handles much better and less body roll but not low enough for my taste, I just don't like wheel well gap.

But I get it, some people just can't be low based on where they drive and live but the stance and handling of a lowered car outweighs a few scraping here and there lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
True statement. Im the same way. A pothole is a rims worst enemy. I just hate the stuff that happens after like scraping an oil pan or something. Yeah Im fairly low for springs. Im rocking D2's and im getting around great. I just hate DC roads. The potholes, streetside parking its just too much stuff to possibly hit the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I work in Baltimore and I refuse to drive my car for that very reason. The roads in Baltimore are horrible. That being said, it's good seeing a number of local people around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Next thing is a meet in the area when it warms up. And i get some wheels LOL.

I would actually invest in an air ride suspension just to have controlled adjust ability on the fly from inside the car. I love the low look but there are just too many obstacles to try and dodge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Next thing is a meet in the area when it warms up. And i get some wheels LOL.

I would actually invest in an air ride suspension just to have controlled adjust ability on the fly from inside the car. I love the low look but there are just too many obstacles to try and dodge.
I posted regarding a Cars and Coffee up in Glen Burnie at Chemical Guys Detail Garage, on 23rd of February. My car will be done with all the go fast parts, and I would love to meet other Accord owners.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmmm something to look forward to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts