Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1381 - 1395 of 1395 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, my first post here, but I've been following for a while. I'm in the market for a 2020 Accord EX-L in Southern California and was hoping to exchange some information and then post my final pricing data in the pinned price paid thread. Seems that the new model year just came out so there isn't much information on it.

So far, the best I've been quoted is $27.8K in the first round of emails (before taxes + title). Paid a visit to another dealer who basically dismissed that quote as disingenuous and pushed their price of $29.3K. I'm looking for one who will do $27.0K - does this seem like a reasonable target for the new model year?

On a side note, I noticed a ton of 2019 EX-Ls sitting on that dealer's lot, and the salesperson got a bit squirrelly when I asked for a 2020 model. Seems like they're really trying hard to clear the lot those year-old models.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi everyone, my first post here, but I've been following for a while. I'm in the market for a 2020 Accord EX-L in Southern California and was hoping to exchange some information and then post my final pricing data in the pinned price paid thread. Seems that the new model year just came out so there isn't much information on it.

So far, the best I've been quoted is $27.8K in the first round of emails (before taxes + title). Paid a visit to another dealer who basically dismissed that quote as disingenuous and pushed their price of $29.3K. I'm looking for one who will do $27.0K - does this seem like a reasonable target for the new model year?

On a side note, I noticed a ton of 2019 EX-Ls sitting on that dealer's lot, and the salesperson got a bit squirrelly when I asked for a 2020 model. Seems like they're really trying hard to clear the lot those year-old models.

Thank you!
$27,000 will be a totally reasonable price for a 2020 1.5 EX-L... BUT not right now. Right now, dealers have to spend the next few months clearing out all the 2019 models. If you want a great deal on a 2019, wait until the last week of December. You should be able to get $5,000 off MSRP -- no problem. But, dealers are naturally going to push the 2019 model and have more financial levers to do so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On a side note, I noticed a ton of 2019 EX-Ls sitting on that dealer's lot,
My dealer only had three in late September, black, white, and grey. I took the grey one.

keep in mind you’re already 11k miles below average mileage with a 19
Heh, I never thought of it that way. I always thought of it as losing a year's worth of driving when it came to resale value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. We've been talking about just going for a 2019 model after encountering the dealer resistance to selling the 2020. The fact that there are no changes and thinking about it in terms of miles driven against other 2019s makes it a lot more convincing. Guess we'll re-calibrate for a 2019 and go from there. Will add another data point to the prices paid thread whenever we happen to make a deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2019 2.0t 6 speed MT pearl Blue Sport for $26600 in August..I wanted a Blue 2.0 6 speed and there was not 1 in Blue/2.0t in a 4 state area of Metro Detroit. Found 2 at a dealership in Maryland. $70 flight to Baltimore and drove it back to Mich. Add on stuff was $299 DOC FEE and $259 electronic registration fee ( total rip) but got car for more than $5 k off MSRP, and no one had the color and MT that I wanted. Also, could not get any dealer in Metro Detroit (6 different dealers), to go below $29k. $70 plane tickets are your friends!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
the internet has really changed car buying. unfortunately, there are people who aren't experienced and will still be hosed by dealers.
I've been trying a mix of in-person / internet / telephone. I'm still encountering some resistance with Southern California dealers to quote or negotiate online. On the other hand, the times I visited a dealership in-person with internet quotes as reference, the salesperson immediately started playing games, telling me that such quotes are too far below invoice and that there are hidden fees. Not true - I confirmed the out-the-door price with the reference dealers. It's pretty infuriating that consumers have to do business with people who are willing to lie so obviously to your face. I'm continuing to try to deal online or on the phone, since the marketplace is a bit more open and they can't screw with you when you're not physically there.

UPDATE:

Called a few more dealers today. Ended up making the following deal:
  • Model Year: 2020
  • Date Purchased: 11/11/2019
  • Engine: 1.5T
  • Trim: EX-L
  • Transmission: CVT
  • Price before Tax Title License (TTL): $27,299
  • Price Out The Door (OTD): $29,941
  • Add-ons: Wheel locks included free of charge
I think that I could have pushed it down to my original target of $27.0K but they came close enough right out of the gate and I've had enough of car buying for a while, so I accepted it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments. The data that has been posted has been a great help for my shopping research.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to get a touring 2.0 2019 for the below price
Sale price: $31,141.17
DMV fees: $547.75
Sales tax: $2,810.42
OTD: $34,499.34‬

Is this a good deal? No dealer is willing to go below this price and i spoke to about 7 or 8 dealerships

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am about to get a touring 2.0 2019 for the below price
Sale price: $31,141.17
DMV fees: $547.75
Sales tax: $2,810.42
OTD: $34,499.34‬

Is this a good deal? No dealer is willing to go below this price and i spoke to about 7 or 8 dealerships
I think you can go maybe 500 lower on the sale price but that's pretty much lowest they can go I believe.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Id say that is a fair selling price for a Touring... esp after 7-8 dealers. when I bought my Si and my Accord, I literally e-shopped 3 dealers.

I found a very nice CPO 18 2.0 Touring around $27k, but it sold before I could speak to anyone. It was then that I weighed the pricing of a used Touring to a new 2.0 Sport as well as features and equipment. For me, the pricing difference was significant, the Sport is better looking and it was new.

1381 - 1395 of 1395 Posts