Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1492 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Accord lx and 2019 Accord Hybrid base
224 Posts
I agreed with you yesterday. Today I heard Honda is closing (or has closed) a number of plants, which will likely curb some of the discounts due to change in supply and demand.

Discounts will likely be there for the person that doesn't care about trim level or color. Picky is going to get expensive, particularly on the tail end of this crisis when people start car shopping again and the supply chain isn't back up to speed yet.

I expect (hope) that to be the case later this summer with a lot of things. Flights are going to get expensive, as are vacations, cars, and everything else people are avoiding right now due to social distancing and economic uncertainty. Pent up demand could result in quite a bit of frustration. Again...hopefully.
Agree with you. Honda plant here in bama closed for at least 2 weeks. Friend is a quality engineer there...

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
I would like some input so I been contacting different dealers so see who would give me the lowest price so far I found one that would sell me a 2020 Accord Touring 2.0T 10 Speed Black/Black for $35,700 OTD and it will include the following
-Splash Guard Set
-All Season Floor Mats
-Trunk Tray
-Interior Illumination
-Illuminated Floor Sill Trim
-Puddle Lights
-Decklid Spoiler
-Door Edge Film
-2.5 Amp USB Charging Port
-Paint Protection
-Wheel Locks
-Lojack which I would need to activate

What are your thoughts on the price, deal or should I keep searching.

Thanks
DT

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Current MSRP = $37,205

I would be aiming for $5,000-6,000 off MSRP + another $1,000 loyalty award.

But, the situation may be very different one or two months from now. Cars aren’t selling... and manufacturers and dealers will be adding more incentives and offers. If you can wait, you’ll do even better.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I would like some input so I been contacting different dealers so see who would give me the lowest price so far I found one that would sell me a 2020 Accord Touring 2.0T 10 Speed Black/Black for $35,700 OTD and it will include the following
-Splash Guard Set
-All Season Floor Mats
-Trunk Tray
-Interior Illumination
-Illuminated Floor Sill Trim
-Puddle Lights
-Decklid Spoiler
-Door Edge Film
-2.5 Amp USB Charging Port
-Paint Protection
-Wheel Locks
-Lojack which I would need to activate

What are your thoughts on the price, deal or should I keep searching.

Thanks
DT
They're killing you with add-ons. Ask them for an OTD price without the pure-profit crap they've thrown on the car.

Honda dealers seem to love the game of add-ons (pin stripes, paint protection, and a bunch of other useless junk that arrived here in a time machine from the 80s). I wish they'd stop it and just sell cars.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
They're killing you with add-ons. Ask them for an OTD price without the pure-profit crap they've thrown on the car.

Honda dealers seem to love the game of add-ons (pin stripes, paint protection, and a bunch of other useless junk that arrived here in a time machine from the 80s). I wish they'd stop it and just sell cars.
I live in florida so our tax is 6% 32,395.00 price
899.00 dealer fee
239.00 title
25.00 battery, tire and agency fee
------------
33,558.00 sub total
2,142.00 tax
35,700.00 OTD

The MSRP was 37,205.00 and the internet price was 34,093. Isnt this a good deal?

I was planning on getting the deck spoiler, floor mats, rear usb, mud guards and interior Lights. If I ask them to take these items off they would only go down 1000 and then I would have to fork out the cash for these items and pay install on the deck spoiler as I wouldnt want to screw it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Start with invoice of $33,139. Subtract holdback of 2% of MSRP from that. Then subtract $1000 loyalty cash and $500 dealer cash (if u buy b4 end of March). I agree with the last reply, forget the add-ons as the Touring is the fully loaded Accord. For OTD price, after math above, add in fair TTL. That number should be your target for max OTD price. Also, as noted previously, sales will be way down for the next several months, so better deals may be on the horizon. Also true as end of model year approaches.

Check Prices Paid thread (10th Gen Accord Price Paid Thread -- post price data only; not a comment thread) for actual OTD prices paid. If you spend some time, do you're homework, and find the largest volume dealer in your area, you may well get the car for less than the dealer paid for it. Remember, negotiate OTD price, so there won't be any surprises when they present you with the contract.

$33,139 - $744 (holdback) - $500 (Honda to dealer cash good until 3/31) - $1,000 (only if you qualify for Honda loyalty cash) = $30,895 before taxes and fees. Add taxes and fees ($899 dealer fee is outrageous) and get $33,911.70. So, probably a fair offer if you don't consider the current circumstances. Though I think you could easily get another $1,000 off. Is this the largest dealer within driving distance? Largest dealer gets additional incentives from Honda, such as free cars. Largest dealer will let a car go below cost to make their sales target to get those free cars. Since it's the end of the month, it's a great time to shop. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I live in florida so our tax is 6% 32,395.00 price
899.00 dealer fee
239.00 title
25.00 battery, tire and agency fee
------------
33,558.00 sub total
2,142.00 tax
35,700.00 OTD

The MSRP was 37,205.00 and the internet price was 34,093. Isnt this a good deal?

I was planning on getting the deck spoiler, floor mats, rear usb, mud guards and interior Lights. If I ask them to take these items off they would only go down 1000 and then I would have to fork out the cash for these items and pay install on the deck spoiler as I wouldnt want to screw it up.
You're in Florida -- there are plenty of Honda dealers, and not many people buying right now. This isn't a good deal, IMO.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0
3 Posts
Shopped 5 dealers in Vegas and SoCal. Most were offering 3-5k off sticker and then there’s a 1k loyalty reward. I haggled all the way down first, Locked in the price, then flipped my civic trade lol. Paid a little over $26k before tax, title, reg. $32k sticker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had planned on getting a new accord sport at the end of June. Should I get one sooner because of all that is going on in hopes of a better deal?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I had planned on getting a new accord sport at the end of June. Should I get one sooner because of all that is going on in hopes of a better deal?
Wait

·
Registered
73 Posts
You May save a tiny bit more but you’ll be stuck with less options.
All I want is a red 2020 sport 1.5. I’m hoping they will be available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm planning on buying the 2020 1.5 Accord Sport w/ no additions. So far, the best offer from a dealer I got was 26K OTD in socal. Two Honda dealers said to contact them end of April because they're temporarily shut down and the others aren't responsive with better offers. Is 26K OTD w/ about a 8% tax rate OK?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning on buying the 2020 1.5 Accord Sport w/ no additions. So far, the best offer from a dealer I got was 26K OTD in socal. Two Honda dealers said to contact them end of April because they're temporarily shut down and the others aren't responsive with better offers. Is 26K OTD w/ about a 8% tax rate OK?
I visited a dealership in Indiana a couple weeks ago (7% sales tax rate) and was quoted $25k OTD on the 1.5T sport with minimal effort. This was also before the most recent $1k loyalty cash offer, so in theory the 1.5T sport could be had for a touch under $25k OTD if you shop around, given the slightly higher tax in your state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I visited a dealership in Indiana a couple weeks ago (7% sales tax rate) and was quoted $25k OTD on the 1.5T sport with minimal effort. This was also before the most recent $1k loyalty cash offer, so in theory the 1.5T sport could be had for a touch under $25k OTD if you shop around, given the slightly higher tax in your state.
Thanks! I appreciate this. Did you end up purchasing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate this. Did you end up purchasing?
I ended up going for the 2.0T Sport instead - the difference in responsiveness won me over. It was a lot more difficult to negotiate on that model though - in the end I paid about $4k more vs. the 1.5T - but I don't regret it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Latest Honda cash back offers (source: Costco Auto Program) See below. Loyalty increased by $250 from the time I bought in February. Looks like the $500 customer cash is an appreciation deal for first responders and healthcare professionals. Nice of Honda to acknowledge those folks putting their health and safety on the line for the rest of us!

1586439455219.png

1441 - 1460 of 1492 Posts