Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1461 - 1480 of 1492 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased 2020 EX 1.5 T

MSRP 28875
Sales price 23700 (includes 1000 loyalty rebate)
Addons 399 (tint, trunk tray, wheel locks, splash guards)
Dealer fee 897 (Florida)
Taxes 1555
Registration 225
Rebate 500 (first responder)

OTD 25781

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Looking to buy one of these very soon after my previous car is being turn in as a lemon.

I can't seem to get anyone to go under $34k OTD on the price. My tax in my state is $500 and Tag fees are usually just $65 or so dollars.

Is this price too high? I've seen others get better deals like 32ish or 33ish OTD so they say on this thread. $34k OTD seems a little much but I am willing to pay that if that's the best deal I can get and if it's a decent deal.

The car also has 121 miles on it which I don't care for but I guess it's not a huge deal.

Thanks!

wrong message

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
225 Posts
Just picked up a 2020 CRV (I know it's not an Accord but just wanted to piggyback onto the Costco option) on Sunday via Costco and local dealer. It was my first deal through Costco and was a very smooth and painless process! Their set price for the CRV was $200 Below invoice (compared to Norm Reeves from whom I purchased my new 2019 Accord EXL 2.0, 8 months ago - their offer, to a returning new car customer(!), was about $450 OVER invoice for the CRV).

Also, financing was 1.9% for 60 months and first responder discount (applied towards down payment) was $1000.00. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase via Costco again - I wish I had bought my 2019 through them...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi all,

Looking to buy one of these very soon after my previous car is being turn in as a lemon.

I can't seem to get anyone to go under $34k OTD on the price. My tax in my state is $500 and Tag fees are usually just $65 or so dollars.

Is this price too high? I've seen others get better deals like 32ish or 33ish OTD so they say on this thread. $34k OTD seems a little much but I am willing to pay that if that's the best deal I can get and if it's a decent deal.

The car also has 121 miles on it which I don't care for but I guess it's not a huge deal.

Thanks!

wrong message
You don't mention a trim level... but I'll assume that you are talking about a 2.0t Touring. The negotiated price will depend on a lot of different things and will vary from dealer to dealer. A dealer that has a lot of Accords in stock and can't move them will be willing to negotiate a price that's a lot lower than a dealer that only has a few on the lot that move regularly. It really depends on market in your area. Some trim levels also seem to get much better discounts than others. Many report that dealers sometimes don't want to negotiate well on the rare 2.0t Sport with manual transmission. Others have reported that dealers will do anything to get the rare manual transmission off the lot.

The best thing you can do is go to the various dealers in your area and shop around for the best price. Make sure that the dealer knows that you are shopping around- in a nice way, not by huffing and puffing and threatening to walk out rudely. When I bought my 2.0t Sport last month, the dealer quoted me a price of about $33k for a loaded Touring model. They didn't have many on the lot- I think three different ones- compared to about nine 2.0t Sport models, a dozen 2.0t EXL models, and probably three dozen different LX, EX, and EXL models with the 1.5 engine.

Kelly Blue Book will give you an estimated range for your area- but again it will have a lot to do with the supply/demand at each dealership. You could also buy your car from a dealership well beyond your geographic area. In many parts of the country, you can still find brand new 2019 Accords for sale- and those are often priced extremely well. I got mine 2.0t Sport for $5,000 off sticker because it was a leftover 2019. My dealer wanted almost $2000 more for the 2020 models that were exactly the same.

Using Autotrader.com, I found 42 different 2019 Touring Accords within 500 miles of my home. Some are hybrids- but many are the 2.0t model. I'd imagine that many of those dealerships would roll out the red carpet for me if I inquired about taking one off their hands. Many would likely negotiate down to the $31-32k area to get rid of them.

Good Luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks!

wrong message
Hello punkmanmathew, please srefer to my previous post, 10th gen Accord Pricing: how much to expect off MSRP? for some tips. Know all of your numbers going in and always negotiate out the door pricing. That way, no last minute surprises when it's time to sign and drive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With Accord selling -26.8% compared with June 2019, I am curious if loyalty rebate would be back after July 6. For some reasons it seems price for Accord is actually higher compared with May and April.

I was hoping to get a killer deal as business just reopened last week, so I went to my local dealership with an appointment to look at the car. I checked in with the receptionist and was told to wait for someone who is "available".

After waiting for 45 mins, I checked with the receptionist again and I was told everyone is super busy now and I have to wait longer, then I just left.

Maybe car dealers are not that desperate to make sales..lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
With Accord selling -26.8% compared with June 2019, I am curious if loyalty rebate would be back after July 6. For some reasons it seems price for Accord is actually higher compared with May and April.

I was hoping to get a killer deal as business just reopened last week, so I went to my local dealership with an appointment to look at the car. I checked in with the receptionist and was told to wait for someone who is "available".

After waiting for 45 mins, I checked with the receptionist again and I was told everyone is super busy now and I have to wait longer, then I just left.

It probably is different depending on where you are. When I pulled into the dealership to test drive my Accord, there were several salesmen standing near each other ready to pounce.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all,

I got an offer from a dealer I previously purchased a car from. Wondering how pricing is nowadays, not seeing to many recent purchases on the price paid thread.
This is a FL dealer unfortunately the dealer fee are extreme here.

Wondering if this is good, I was also told I would be getting a 500 off rebate for loyalty to this dealer. Wondering if 1000 rebate from Honda also combines with this, then looking to convince them for the grad discount as I will be graduating masters in Dec.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Around the Chicago area, the Hybrid EX seems to be going for the high 27's before any cash back offers so your deal seems to be in the ballpark.

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Data one way to validate the price is to check the tax amount. I'm not sure if it applies to all USA, but at least in my area "rebate" is taxable, so if the tax amount is exactly as it is supposed to be from the selling price (also fees), then the price is before any "rebate" offered by Honda (military, loyalty, grad..etc)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a offer from the dealer with OTD $26,995 for Honda Accord sport 1.5 2020. Does it sound a good deal?
Should I negotiate with them because they said the credit score for this car is from 1.9 APR?
So i might have to pay around $30,000 for this car, right? Any ideas??

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,591 Posts
I have a offer from the dealer with OTD $26,995 for Honda Accord sport 1.5 2020. Does it sound a good deal?
Need to know the price before taxes and fees. Not everyone lives in SoCal.

2020 Accord Sport 1.5T is $26,980 base price + $955 destination & handling = $27,935 MSRP

If I had to make some guesses... $26,995 OTD - 11% in taxes and fees = $24,325 before TTL. That's $3,610 (12.92%) off MSRP and that's a bad deal.

2021 is coming out in the next 2 to 3 months. They should be heavily discounting the 2020's

Price before TTL should be near $22,000

See this thread for what people paid: 10th Gen Accord Price Paid Thread -- post price data...

This person (post # 364 in price paid thread) in Riverside, CA paid $22,169 before TTL... $24,550 OTD

Model Year: 2019
Date Purchased: 10/18/2019
Engine: 1.5T
Your country, state and city location : Riverside, CA
Trim: Sport
Transmission : CVT
Purchase Price: $22,169
Add-ons: None
Price before Tax Title License (TTL) : $22169
Total OTD: $24550
I tried to get $24,000 OTD but this was best I could after 1 month of online negotiation

Should I negotiate with them because they said the credit score for this car is from 1.9 APR?
So i might have to pay around $30,000 for this car, right? Any ideas??
What you pay depends on how much you're borrowing and how long you take to pay it off.

If you're borrowing the full $27K and take 10 years to pay it off (120 monthly payments of $247) then yeah, you'll pay close to $30K.

But only a moron would take 10 years to pay off a depreciating asset, and that's not you, right? You're smarter than that and you plan to pay it off in no more than 5 years because you know that if it takes any longer than that, then you're buying more than you can afford and will wind up being upside down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your reply. The guy at the dealership showed me the invoice around 25,500 something and said the lowest they can offer is $500 below the invoice. They came up with 27000 OTD. I called other dealership around Orange County and this dealership OTD price so far is the lowest.

Need to know the price before taxes and fees. Not everyone lives in SoCal.

2020 Accord Sport 1.5T is $26,980 base price + $955 destination & handling = $27,935 MSRP

If I had to make some guesses... $26,995 OTD - 11% in taxes and fees = $24,325 before TTL. That's $3,610 (12.92%) off MSRP and that's a bad deal.

2021 is coming out in the next 2 to 3 months. They should be heavily discounting the 2020's

Price before TTL should be near $22,000

See this thread for what people paid: 10th Gen Accord Price Paid Thread -- post price data...

This person (post # 364 in price paid thread) in Riverside, CA paid $22,169 before TTL... $24,550 OTD

What you pay depends on how much you're borrowing and how long you take to pay it off.

If you're borrowing the full $27K and take 10 years to pay it off (120 monthly payments of $247) then yeah, you'll pay close to $30K.

But only a moron would take 10 years to pay off a depreciating asset, and that's not you, right? You're smarter than that and you plan to pay it off in no more than 5 years because you know that if it takes any longer than that, then you're buying more than you can afford and will wind up being upside down.
Hi,
So I will down $5000 and have a loan of $22000 so I will pay them $1,078 interest total for 60 months

is it EX model? The Westminster SoCal Honda dealer offered me $27000 OTD for Accord sedan Sport 2020 and EX $28,500

·
2020 CBP Touring
764 Posts
I got right about 15% off MSRP on my 2020 Touring, pre-Covid, and that's still one of the lower, if not still lowest price I've seen on a non-demo Touring in the price thread. $31,591 IIRC, with a good haul of accessories. (Accessory grille w garnish and install, all weather mats, trunk liner, splash guards, wheel locks,) Largest dealer in the state though.
I didn't make any friends either...

13% off MSRP (including destination) on any Honda is a pretty decent deal IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys. I am having a hard time to negotiate a good deal for 20 touring accord in my metro area(Chicago). I saw some member post of 30330 TTL in February, and another member post of 30407 TTL in January, both I believe are 2020 touring and purchased in Virginia. Not sure if those price includes Honda to customer loyalty cash.

I don’t have any Honda vehicles that can qualify the current $750 customer cash.
I used true car to search around the D.C. area, the instant offer can go as low as 31960 but not including dealer doc fee. Plus dealer fee and accessory, it is about 33K pre TTL. My impression Is that a purchase price around 31000 before TTL is still quite possible at this time.
Let me know what you think guys, do you think 31K is realistic?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys. I am having a hard time to negotiate a good deal for 20 touring accord in my metro area(Chicago). I saw some member post of 30330 TTL in February, and another member post of 30407 TTL in January, both I believe are 2020 touring and purchased in Virginia. Not sure if those price includes Honda to customer loyalty cash.

I don’t have any Honda vehicles that can qualify the current $750 customer cash.
I used true car to search around the D.C. area, the instant offer can go as low as 31960 but not including dealer doc fee. Plus dealer fee and accessory, it is about 33K pre TTL. My impression Is that a purchase price around 31000 before TTL is still quite possible at this time.
Let me know what you think guys, do you think 31K is realistic?
Is there $750 Honda loyalty on accord now? I don't see it shows on Honda website..

·
port & polish everything
1,666 Posts
Invoice price on 2020 Touring is 34K including destination, before any incentive. You may not get pre virus prices. Because of virus and stimulus, no one want to take public transportation any more, car factories have been shut down or building at slower rates and consumers have money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there $750 Honda loyalty on accord now? I don't see it shows on Honda website..
I saw it on Edmunds, I did not check on Honda official website.

Invoice price on 2020 Touring is 34K including destination, before any incentive. You may not get pre virus prices. Because of virus and stimulus, no one want to take public transportation any more, car factories have been shut down or building at slower rates and consumers have money.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely take that into consideration!

·
port & polish everything
1,666 Posts
I used costco's program and got invoice price upfront but this was in late 2018.

Reactions: DavidZ90
1461 - 1480 of 1492 Posts