Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

441 - 460 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Remember, Accord cut back production August 1 so everything falling into place. I would expect the declines relative to 2018 to continue. Civic holding its own despite all the drops in August for many manufacturers. Civic seems to be the preferred sedan. I think that as time goes on they should combine the Civic and Accord into something else but not blow it like they did with the TLX.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Civic has grown in size. Civic is now almost the size of an Accord, and larger than some older Accords, while the size of Accord remained relatively unchanged. If I was in the mind for getting an Accord and modifying it with a stiffer suspension and peppier engine output, I would seriously look at Civic Type R before buying an Accord Touring that sells for about same price.

·
Past Doritos Spinner
4,062 Posts
If I was in the mind for getting an Accord and modifying it with a stiffer suspension and peppier engine output, I would seriously look at Civic Type R before buying an Accord Touring that sells for about same price.
I still think Civic Type R and Accord Touring are different cars aimed at different markets. I don't think a lot of people here like the appearance of a Type R(ice). Accord is still considered a more mature car.

I personally prefer the Golf R. Way subtler appearance. IMO hot hatches should still have a level of subtlety to them, while RWD sports/pony cars can get away with the wilder styling without coming off as trying too hard.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I still think Civic Type R and Accord Touring are different cars aimed at different markets. I don't think a lot of people here like the appearance of a Type R(ice). Accord is still considered a more mature car.

I personally prefer the Golf R. Way subtler appearance. IMO hot hatches should still have a level of subtlety to them, while RWD sports/pony cars can get away with the wilder styling without coming off as trying too hard.
Agreed. Civic Type R looks like it came out of a cereal box. It's a cop magnet. It caters to teenager fantasies. Also lacks the AWD that Golf R has. Speaking of Golf, I just never liked any VW, and Golf is no exception. The track width feels too narrow. I've never got that gokart handling feeling from a Golf I got from the Civic. Too much body roll.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.
The question is how many Accord Touring buyers have left and gone to SUV's.

·
Registered
751 Posts
If I was in the mind for getting an Accord and modifying it with a stiffer suspension and peppier engine output, I would seriously look at Civic Type R before buying an Accord Touring that sells for about same price.
Not a good comparison. The Type R is a race-inspired sedan. Manual only, stiffer suspension, aggressive exterior styling, bucket seats (no leather), LSD, etc. The Type R is marketed towards late twenties to mid 30s individuals who are old enough to have driven/owned an Integra Type R or GSR and now have money to spend on something sportier and faster than a Si. The two friends of mine with a CTR never cross-shopped the Accord because they aren't even remotely close.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
October 2019

Honda Accord = down 8.8% to 21,689 units vs 23,778 units in Oct 2018

Toyota Camry = down 1.2% to 26,602 units vs 26,914 units in Oct 2018

Trucks Deliver October Sales Records for AHM, Honda and Acura Brands as Sales Rise Across Divisions

November 1, 2019

• Honda brand sets new October sales record with an 8% gain; trucks gain 17.5% and a new October mark
  • Honda CR-V nets new October record and cumulative sales top 5 million
  • Honda HR-V sets a new all-time monthly record with sales of over 10,000 units
  • Acura trucks set October record as division nets 2.4% gain
Sales Highlights

The harvest moon shone brightly on Honda sales, with new October overall and truck sales records and cumulative CR-V sales cresting 5 million. Several models made major gains with trucks leading the way as HR-V set an all-time monthly record and CR-V a new October mark. Civic and Fit also made major gains.

• HR-V set a new all-time monthly record, jumping 104% on sales of 10,130 units.
  • CR-V sales climb 20% on sales of 33,344 for a new October record.
  • Fit gained a whopping 204% while Civic gained 5% and Accord topped 21,000 deliveries.
  • Odyssey now holds an incredible 42% share of the minivan segment with October sales of over 7,800 units.
Model Notes

- Honda is the retail best-selling passenger car brand in America in 2019 – with Fit, Civic, Insight and Accord #1 or #2 in their respective segments -- gaining the most share of any mainstream brand this year.

- Honda has led the industry in sales to under-35-year-old buyers since 2010, with Civic and Accord the #1 and #2 cars, CR-V the #1 CUV/SUV and Odyssey the #1 minivan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Honda now shows the CR-V 2020 configuration on honda.com. Gone is the 2.4L engine on the LX -which I thought was going to continue in 2020 since many are buying the LX to avoid the problematic Turbo.

I am currently the owner two Accords - 2007 and 2017. My plan was to eventually replace the 2007 with a CR-V LX since I don't like the new Accord nor the turbo engines. Now CR-V is no longer in my future - and likely no Honda's at all.

Toyota Camry has the right roof line and no turbo. A little lower than I like but decent side rear vision. So my future is Toyota or a new electric car variant.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
Now CR-V is no longer in my future - and likely no Honda's at all.

Toyota Camry has the right roof line and no turbo. A little lower than I like but decent side rear vision. So my future is Toyota or a new electric car variant.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29833650/2021-toyota-rav4-prime-photos-info/

2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Adds a Plug-in Hybrid to the Popular Crossover's Lineup
  • Toyota is adding a new RAV4 model to the crossover's lineup for 2021 in the form of the new RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid.
  • The RAV4 Prime will offer a 302-hp hybrid powertrain capable of a claimed 5.8-second zero-to-60-mph run and up to 39 miles of electric-only driving.
  • Buyers interested in purchasing a RAV4 Prime won't have to wait long: Toyota says the new plug-in RAV will roll onto dealer lots in summer 2020.

·
Registered
90 Posts
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29833650/2021-toyota-rav4-prime-photos-info/

2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Adds a Plug-in Hybrid to the Popular Crossover's Lineup
  • Toyota is adding a new RAV4 model to the crossover's lineup for 2021 in the form of the new RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid.
  • The RAV4 Prime will offer a 302-hp hybrid powertrain capable of a claimed 5.8-second zero-to-60-mph run and up to 39 miles of electric-only driving.
  • Buyers interested in purchasing a RAV4 Prime won't have to wait long: Toyota says the new plug-in RAV will roll onto dealer lots in summer 2020.
CR-V Hybrid is also coming for early 2020....

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
CR-V Hybrid is also coming for early 2020....
You missed the part where accordva wrote "Now CR-V is no longer in my future - and likely no Honda's at all." and "So my future is Toyota or a new electric car variant."

Plus, a CR-V Hybrid will not have 302 HP and do 0-60 in 5.8 sec

·
Registered
71 Posts
You missed the part where accordva wrote "Now CR-V is no longer in my future - and likely no Honda's at all." and "So my future is Toyota or a new electric car variant."

Although performance is not for me. Where I live in Wash DC area, 30 mph or less is the average speed you can drive travel due to traffic. I have 3 vehicles total - all with low mileage. The RAV4 plug in is interesting as I could do 2 to 3 days within the 38 miles.
My priorities are:
1. Reliability,
2. Good visibility all around, no wide pillars or steeply sloped roofs.
3. Safe vehicle but not necessarily with the some of the features like auto braking etc.,
4. Good head room - no sun roof,
5. Uncomplicated engine (no turbo).
6. Reduced number of gadgets - items that might have reliability issues.
7. Good gas mileage - but not extreme - low mileage driver.
8. Good audio system.
9. Standard sized tires - prefer to ride on air.
10.. Good simple design, nothing extreme or overly sports car styling.
11. Generally prefer the base models like LX. Not trying to impress.
12. Good seating - not sitting on the floor.
13. Auto Air conditioning, Auto head lights, Bluetooth, etc.
14. Light colored exterior (silver or white) with dark interior

Honda no longer meets my requirements.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I didn't miss it but he said he didn't want the turbo. The Hybrid is not a turbo, problem solved, Honda could be back in the running.

I'll believe the claim when I see it. Does it have a different motor than the regular Hybrid Rav4? That only does around 7 seconds to 60 if I'm not mistaken. Shaving a whole second plus off is a lot.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
November 2019

Honda Accord = down 7.0% to 21,733 units vs 23,367 units in Nov 2018

Toyota Camry = up 4.3% to 25,611 units vs 24,545 units in Nov 2018

Strong Car & Truck Sales Fuel Record November for American Honda, and Honda and Acura Trucks
December 3, 2019​
  • American Honda sets new November sales records for total vehicles (up 11.1%) and trucks (up 18.2%)
  • Honda brand truck sales jump 21.3% for best-ever November sales
  • Honda HR-V and CR-V each set new November records; Ridgeline gains 36.2%
  • Acura brand gains 3.1%, with record November truck sales
Honda Sales Highlights
Honda followed recent record sales months into November, with double-digit increases for the brand and several key models, plus a new November truck record.​
  • Honda trucks set a new November record on sales of 68,890, a robust gain of 21.3%.
  • CR-V scored another record month in November, gaining 7.9% on sales of 33,987 units.
  • HR-V also posted a November record with nearly 10,000 deliveries.
  • Ridgeline jumped 36.2% on sales of 3,297 vehicles.
  • Honda car sales were up 1.8% in November, led by Civic which gained 8.2% on sales of 23,676 units.
Honda Model Notes
Honda is again the top-winning brand in the annual KBB Best Buy Awards, with Civic now an undefeated, 6-time winner for Compact Cars.​
Honda SUVs are tracking toward 10 years of continuous growth and eight straight years of record sales.​

·
Registered
8 Posts
One or two months of data, by itself, does not indicate a trend.

America has a changing demographic, there is a growing number of people who dont own a car and never intend to own one.

2019 is the final year for the Taurus, an Accord competitor. Ford has also announced an end to most car sales in North America in the coming years.

We love our new Accord Hybrid.

I would love to add a MT Civic to the garage as well. I will not because the 1.5T is down on hp compared to the 2.0T.

What I think Honda is missing is a true performance sedan.

My DD is a 16 Fusion SE with the 240hp 2.0T and 6 spd AT. At 140,000 miles it is still purring right along.

My next DD will most likely be a another slightly used 2.0T sedan. Some really nice, low mileage cars can be had for 20-23k.

A Fusion 2.7 twin turbo Sport and a BMW 328i are on the top of the list.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,155 Posts
One or two months of data, by itself, does not indicate a trend.

America has a changing demographic, there is a growing number of people who dont own a car and never intend to own one.

2019 is the final year for the Taurus, an Accord competitor. Ford has also announced an end to most car sales in North America in the coming years.

We love our new Accord Hybrid.

I would love to add a MT Civic to the garage as well. I will not because the 1.5T is down on hp compared to the 2.0T.

What I think Honda is missing is a true performance sedan.

My DD is a 16 Fusion SE with the 240hp 2.0T and 6 spd AT. At 140,000 miles it is still purring right along.

My next DD will most likely be a another slightly used 2.0T sedan. Some really nice, low mileage cars can be had for 20-23k.

A Fusion 2.7 twin turbo Sport and a BMW 328i are on the top of the list.
Where did Ford announce an end to all car sales in NA? You crazy?

The Taurus was far from competing with the Accord, maybe at the tail end of all the other competitors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Salcuta, I stated "most' you substituted "all".

No Im not crazy.

Read it and weep.

Grumpy, No doubt the Type R is a lot of car for the money, but it is a 4 door hatchback and is geared to a young demographic. Im looking for more of a car to compete with the 3 series BMW, Taurus SHO, Fusion Sport and the Mazda 6. Those all have 240+ hp, the BMW is the only one available with a manual now.

441 - 460 of 493 Posts