Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Interested in this as well. I have the all season Honda mats in my 2015 Accord, but Honda seemed to step up their game for 2018 as they are much closer to WeatherTech. Honda's seem to have much deeper pockets then previous generation. My last WeatherTech mats seemed to be built of a harder plastic that was much easier to wipe off then my current Honda mats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wanted the get the weatherTech trunk liner. However, it doesn't look like there's a custom model for the '18 Honda Accord, yet.

I just ordered the Honda trunk Matt from an online Honda Dealer, about the same price as the WeatherTech.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I just ordered "low wall" OEM Honda mats for a family member's 2018 CR-V (front, rear, hatch). The OEM mats felt slightly thinner than my "low wall" Weathertechs but were still very well made and sturdy. The OEM fit was perfect - that is critical. I went with the OEM mats because the Weathertech mats cost about 50% more than the OEMs. When did Weathertech become so expensive? At today's pricing I don't think Weathertechs are worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the OEM all-weather mats, front and back as well as the OEM trunk liner for my 2016 Touring. They look and feel really nice IMO.

Problem: We have messy winters with a lot of snow, sand and salt. There is no dead pedal coverage for the driver left foot. As a result, I get a ton of sand and water on the dead pedal which runs down into the carpet and makes a mess of things.

I have a friend with a 2017 Sport with the Weathertechs. They are very nice, however they only solve half of the driver side dead-pedal problem as they only go up halfway. I visually confirmed in his car that he still has the same problem with the dead pedal, albeit less so.

Solution? I hope. I recently purchased the 3D Maxpider mats. Although the dead pedal coverage isn't quite 100%, it's the best option I have found. They look nicer than the Weathertech's IMO as well... More sporty/classy and less "work truck". They are grippy/spongy and my heels don't slip around as much as with the OEM (and WT) rubber mats even though they are still waterproof. Jury is out on ease of cleaning and durability. I am happy with them so far.

I will be keeping the rear and trunk OEM pieces as the lack of dead-pedal coverage was my only issue with them.

my .02

Reactions: honda#1

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had the WeatherTech mats in past cars but I switched to the Honda ones instead. While the WeatherTech mats still have better coverage, the Honda ones have gotten better (with the "high wall") and I like the softer feel of the rubber. The WeatherTech mats feel like a plastic tray. Not a big deal, but still a personal preference.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Only thing I don’t like about my weathertech mats is they’re hard and a bit slick. My feet tend to slide depending on how I’m resting it. That’s not ideal, but they are great mats.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve cut my Honda mats

I've had the WeatherTech mats in past cars but I switched to the Honda ones instead. While the WeatherTech mats still have better coverage, the Honda ones have gotten better (with the "high wall") and I like the softer feel of the rubber. The WeatherTech mats feel like a plastic tray. Not a big deal, but still a personal preference.
Thanks for your reply, kind of answers a question that I had about if they had change the material they are made of. I have had several sets of both WeatherTech and the all season Honda mats the regular low cut ones and sounds like they are made of the same stuff. I have used the power washer on both and actually cut the Honda ones. I think I’ll stick with WeatherTech or maybe try 3D Maxpider.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I agree with you, my feelings exactly. I have the 2018 Honda mats and while there is good coverage under the pedals, shouldn't be a problem with sand and mud, the dead pedal area falls short by 1/2inch or less so there might be some accumulation of dirt under that section.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Had the weather techs in my 9th gen and they were junk. They slid around everywhere and the one piece rear mat was a joke, every time someone rode in the back it would deform where it made contact with the front seat rails. Seems like weather techs are like this across the board not just in the Accords. The stock mats are better in some ways, specifically in that they have the rubber teeth that help prevent movement. Still not near as good as their previous generation accord mats. I still have a 6th gen with rubber mats and they are awesome. They still look very good after 17 years and 220k miles. They contain about 3-4 times as much material and as such they have enough mass to stay where you put them. Survived many many scrubbings with de greaser and are still going strong. I am interested to see if Honda has made some improvement with the 10th gen mats although I never understood why they strayed from their previous design concepts. Usually once a product is perfected you don't want to make it worse as time progresses.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of floor liners from other brands. My carpet mats are already starting to take a beating from the winter salt.

I would also really like full coverage of the dead pedal. As already mentioned, neither the OEM nor the Weathertechs provide that. Since they're the only ones on the market right now, I guess I'll have to wait. I'd love to get a set of Findway brand mats, but I think they're a smaller outfit and are slow to bring out new products to market. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a year to do so. The 3D Maxpider floor liners are nice too, but it looks like I'll have to wait for those as well. I'd imagine that the Husky branded liners, with a more utilitarian style, would be the next aftermarket set available for sale.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Had the weather techs in my 9th gen and they were junk. They slid around everywhere and the one piece rear mat was a joke, every time someone rode in the back it would deform where it made contact with the front seat rails. Seems like weather techs are like this across the board not just in the Accords. The stock mats are better in some ways, specifically in that they have the rubber teeth that help prevent movement. Still not near as good as their previous generation accord mats. I still have a 6th gen with rubber mats and they are awesome. They still look very good after 17 years and 220k miles. They contain about 3-4 times as much material and as such they have enough mass to stay where you put them. Survived many many scrubbings with de greaser and are still going strong. I am interested to see if Honda has made some improvement with the 10th gen mats although I never understood why they strayed from their previous design concepts. Usually once a product is perfected you don't want to make it worse as time progresses.

Wait, your 9th gen doesn’t have the hooks to keep mats in place?

I have the Digital Fit Weathertech mats in our Kia and they’re great. I also have the Honda mats in my Accord. The rubber is so soft I don’t expect them to last as long as the Weathertechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wait, your 9th gen doesn’t have the hooks to keep mats in place?

I have the Digital Fit Weathertech mats in our Kia and they’re great. I also have the Honda mats in my Accord. The rubber is so soft I don’t expect them to last as long as the Weathertechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes of course as mandated by your big brother federal govt. Its actually a useful feature that should be added to all seating positions. Unfortunately its only on the drivers seat. Using the rubber tits on the bottom of the mat has worked for years. I don't understand why weathertech wont implement this in their design.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Weathertech in my coupe while the wife has the oem Accord mats in her sedan. The Weathertech are decent, the dealership put Armor All on it when I had them look at an issue and my feet just kept sliding all over the place until I cleaned them out when I got home. They tend to scuff easily but works good, already used them while it rained recently and they cover the majority of the floorboard well. Mine came with my car when I bought it so if I had to chose, I would of gone with the OEM ones especially after using these. Just can't justify the price over the OEM for what they do but since I got them with the car, I'm not complaining

·
Registered
16 Posts
Weathertech floor mats or Honda all season??

I’m looking to get floor mats for my 2018 accord and I’m in between the weathertech or Honda all season mats. Does anyone have either one of these mats?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the weather tech liners, front and back. I think shipped they were a little more expensive than the Honda dealer, but I had them in my last car and the floor carpet was almost like new when I traded it in. I never really thought about adding the Honda liners from the dealer because I know the weather tech ones are really good. I'd like to get a trunk liner too but they currently don't have a laser cut one yet...only their "self cut custom" one that you have to cut out. I might just go and get the trunk liner from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.