Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of floor liners from other brands. My carpet mats are already starting to take a beating from the winter salt.

I would also really like full coverage of the dead pedal. As already mentioned, neither the OEM nor the Weathertechs provide that. Since they're the only ones on the market right now, I guess I'll have to wait. I'd love to get a set of Findway brand mats, but I think they're a smaller outfit and are slow to bring out new products to market. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a year to do so. The 3D Maxpider floor liners are nice too, but it looks like I'll have to wait for those as well. I'd imagine that the Husky branded liners, with a more utilitarian style, would be the next aftermarket set available for sale.

· Registered
108 Posts
Have a part # for the 3d max pider ones. Hoping for a good design.
I take it that you contacted the manufacturer. Did you happen to find out when 3d Maxpider plans on rolling out their floor liners for our car?

Since other options besides Honda and Weathertech are starting to come to market, I've been getting the itch to buy a set of all weather floor liners.

The Findway floor liners are still my favorite. I like how they look, and their pricing is typically very good. I contacted them yesterday to see if they plan on offering floor liners for the 2018 Accord, and if so, when. Their response was yes, they do plan on offering them; but they were not sure when, only that it wouldn't be in the near future. Maybe if they get more inquiries from other 2018 owners, it might encourage them to offer them sooner.

I'm not sure how much longer I'm willing to wait. The Husky liners look really tempting and I might just go ahead and buy a set.

· Registered
108 Posts
I've read this entire thread with great interest - I have a 2014 Accord Sport and it seems like Husky vs Maxpider is kind of what I am debating between now. (Front/Rear/Trunk)

I liver here in the California Central Valley so while we get rain, we don't get snow or anything like that.

In your experience, which has better fitment, stays in place, had adequate coverage, overall durability/longevity, and is easier to clean?

(I wonder if the carbon fiber style texture on the Maxpider mats make them tougher to do a quick wipedown on?)
I haven't owned the 3d Maxpider liners, but I did order and install them for someone else. I also have the Husky liners in another vehicle.

My opnions:
Fitment - 3d Maxpider seems better.
Stays in place - Husky liners have those tiny spikes at the bottom, so they go nowhere once installed; but in that other person's car I don't think I've seen the 3d Maxpider liners move that much either.
Durability - I would think the Husky liners are slightly more durable, as I believe they were initially catered to trucks and SUVs.
Ease of cleaning - I'd probably give the edge to the 3d Maxpider.

Depending on how dirty the Husky liners get, I would imagine that they are a bit more difficult for a quick wipe down. The channels in the Husky liners kind of get in the way and change direction, so you can't really wipe the entire surface with a quick back and forth mowiton. Instead, you have to follow the contours of the channels. When I am the one to clean them, I just end up spraying them with a stream of water from my garden hose.

Either way, I think both are good products. Just pick the one that better suits your wants.

· Registered
108 Posts
3D MAXpider Mats
Absolutely perfect fit, great coverage, reasonable price
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C37SD7J
prices on Amazon today:
Amazon $136.06 + tax
Autocare Depot via Amazon $126.01, free shipping, no tax
Thanks for the heads up! Just got mine last week.

I ended up going with the Maxpiders. They seemed to offer the best of both worlds to me - good protection and fit, easy to clean, and the looked less "industrial" and more "upscale sedan-like" if that makes any kind of sense at all.
Totally agree here.
I was still hoping for Findway to roll out their carpeted floor liners for the 10th Gen, but it just hasn't happened yet. I also checked out some long term reviews on their floor liners, and it seemed that they didn't hold up quite as well as the other style floor liners (which is understandable). I do plan on keeping the car for a while; and I know my parking areas at work aren't that nice, which results in tracking small rocks and gravel in my car. I kind of felt the Findway mats wouldn't work out for me in the long run, so I ended up crossing them off the list. With the recent pricing on the Maxpiders, I ended up pulling the trigger on the purchase.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.