Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 285 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
I’m looking to get floor mats for my 2018 accord and I’m in between the weathertech or Honda all season mats. Does anyone have either one of these mats?
I just purchased the weathertechs for my 18 Sport and went to the dealer to compare. As others have posted, the weathertechs offer more coverage area on the sides and halfway up the footrest. ALso the Honda mats are more of a heavy rubber while the weathertechs have a harder plastic feel to them which has not been an issue as I’ve been in and out of the car plenty with snow and salt. You might note the rear mats are one piece which might be good if you have kids climbing around. I went with the Honda mats for the back

13 Posts
When I was finishing up the deal on my 2018 Touring, I asked for all weather floor mats. They agreed to order some and sell them to me at dealer cost. I said fine, since at that point I was more than happy with the total deal on the car. It will be interesting to see what "dealer cost" is. If it isn't that great of a deal, I might just get the Weathertechs instead, as they make great products.

· Banned
438 Posts
When I was finishing up the deal on my 2018 Touring, I asked for all weather floor mats. They agreed to order some and sell them to me at dealer cost. I said fine, since at that point I was more than happy with the total deal on the car. It will be interesting to see what "dealer cost" is. If it isn't that great of a deal, I might just get the Weathertechs instead, as they make great products.
best thing to do is probably figure out what the cost is to have them shipped from College Hills Honda...and then compare that to the price your dealer gives you...if its real close, or more...they are obviously not giving you "dealer price"

· Registered
18 Posts
I've had weathertechs on my last 2 trucks and the wife's pilot. I've been very satisfied with all 3 sets. I already ordered my set for the accord and am waiting for them to ship.

· Registered
263 Posts
Just for reference, $109, 2018 Accord mats- ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

· Registered
201 Posts
When I used to have 2nd gen TSX I had same questions, but i went to OEM because I liked the OEM thing,, but I agree that the weathertech has much more coverage then OEM for sure.
But I chose the OEM and used it for 4 years without any problem. Oh, if your gf kicks the mat with hills, the holes will be made easy...

· Registered
26 Posts
I've had the WeatherTech mats in past cars but I switched to the Honda ones instead. While the WeatherTech mats still have better coverage, the Honda ones have gotten better (with the "high wall") and I like the softer feel of the rubber. The WeatherTech mats feel like a plastic tray. Not a big deal, but still a personal preference.
I agree, I got our Honda all-season mats from a cyber Monday sale real cheap!

· Registered
35 Posts
WeatherTech in my Sport 6spd

Received and installed my front and back WeatherTech in my '18 Sport 6spd. Fit fantastic, more than half dead peddle coverage. Zero slipping issues either mat on carpet or shoes on mat. Winter is full on here and the snow and ice have not been an issue with the WeatherTech.

· Registered
97 Posts
I agree, I got our Honda all-season mats from a cyber Monday sale real cheap!
A few years ago I ended up buying the Odyssey Honda all season, but got Weathertech for my 4Runner vs the Toyota or Husky. While I like the WT in the 4runner for the coverage as I'm more likely to be tracking in large volumes of beach sand, or mountain mud and clay, the back seat and rear cargo mats curl at the edges and wont lay flat and allow dirt to hit the carpet around the edges. The front trays fit perfect with no curl but after some light use the shine wears down and they always have a scuff look no matter how clean, but in the truck I couldn't care less. The WT trays can also get slippery when wet and was afraid to get these for the manual Accord I just picked up.

I ended up opting for the Honda mats for the front and rear for the Accord to match the trunk tray from the dealer and have been very pleased so far. And the Honda version in the Odyssey can take whatever shenanigans my 3 kids have thrown at them.

· REV29K
555 Posts
Ordered the Honda all season mats after the dealer quoting me $180 for them. We have the OEM mats for our CR-V and have been very happy with them. Found the OEM Accord mats for $122 including shipping on eBay from Hickory Honda in NC. I asked they dealer if they would price match and was told they would not, that their cost is $148 which must be a lie since everyone sells them cheaper than that online.

· Registered
97 Posts
Ordered the Honda all season mats after the dealer quoting me $180 for them. We have the OEM mats for our CR-V and have been very happy with them. Found the OEM Accord mats for $122 including shipping on eBay from Hickory Honda in NC. I asked they dealer if they would price match and was told they would not, that their cost is $148 which must be a lie since everyone sells them cheaper than that online.
I ended up getting mine from H and A. w/shipping $126. The driver side mat you may find may take a bit to settle down and form to the slope under the pedals.
I actually bought some new OEM S2K mats off ebay last year from parkhonda dealer. After almost 16 years, the original ones had hardened up, started cracking and also started to liquefy back into a petroleum film it was transferring to the carpet Check yours!

· Registered
283 Posts
I have been using Honda all season mat for weeks now. it stays out of my way and does it job. only one negative is the driver mat does not cover top part where gas/brake and foot rest is. I like the soft plastic feel of the mat.

from the picture I have seen, weathertech mat cover the top part but I don't' like the hard plastic.

· REV29K
555 Posts
I ended up getting mine from H and A. w/shipping $126. The driver side mat you may find may take a bit to settle down and form to the slope under the pedals.
I actually bought some new OEM S2K mats off ebay last year from parkhonda dealer. After almost 16 years, the original ones had hardened up, started cracking and also started to liquefy back into a petroleum film it was transferring to the carpet Check yours!
My OEM S2000 mats are still in the original plastic, never used them. Instead I bought a set of Muz Mats from the mfr in Australia, the've been great over the years. Not even sure if he's still in business.

· Registered
194 Posts
Always thought WeatherTech's logo needed to be bigger...LOL!

Reactions: DnBInd

· Registered
64 Posts
I got a response from weatherTech about a week and a half ago saying the trunk liner should be available shortly. I bought the Honda trunk liner for my ‘18 and had the WeatherTech on my 2000. I’m thinking of getting the WeatherTech one for my ‘18, it seems to grip better and a little better quality. I have luggage in my trunk for work once a week and even driving easy it slides by the time I get to the airport with the Honda one.

· Registered
3 Posts
My OEM S2000 mats are still in the original plastic, never used them. Instead I bought a set of Muz Mats from the mfr in Australia, the've been great over the years. Not even sure if he's still in business.
I had an S2000 10 years ago and had the same Muz mats. They we necessary as the stock mats sucked protecting the carpet over the cross brace. I even had a lower cross brace from them too. I think you are right that they are no longer in business.

· REV29K
555 Posts
There were a few years a while back when Honda wasn't including the OEM floor mats, then they started including them again but these days they are so cheap, they might be better off selling you a higher quality set, which is basically why everyone buys the all season mats anyway.

41 - 60 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.