Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· '18 Sport 2.0T 10AT
19 Posts
When you say "our cars" what are you referring to? 10th gen? 9th, 8th? A rear bar is only as good as the front bar. The rig I installed described below is on an 8th that did not have an OEM FSB. So I mated a solid steel FSB with an adjustable 22mm Progress RSB. I have 40k-plus miles on these mods, zero issues, and the car handles almost as good as an Audi.
While I don't disagree that front and rear sways ultimately work in tandem, Accord owners have long experienced huge benefits from upgrading the RSB only, due to the factory setup that tends to favor understeer more than most of us spirited driving enthusiasts would prefer.

I myself would be very interested in knowing if the stock RSB is hollow or solid, as well.

· '18 Sport 2.0T 10AT
19 Posts
Below is the info from Honda. I reached out to @zroger73 regarding the 2.0T EX-L because the part list shows all the 2.0T models are the same. I would definitely like to upgrade with a take-off from a Touring or Sport if it is the smaller bar.
Sorry everyone, I responded from my phone and didn't realize others had already posted screenshots of the diameters by trim. Nice work!

Now what's not mentioned is whether the bars are hollow or solid. From past experiences with Accords/TLs, my suspicion is that the 16.0mm RSB in 1.5T LX/EX is hollow, whereas the 16.5mm RSB in Sport/Touring/Hybrid is most likely solid. Otherwise, 16.0 to 16.5mm is such a small difference that it wouldn't really make sense.

But yeah, a 22mm would be a substantial improvement over both.... definitely going on my "to do" list. :thmsup:

· '18 Sport 2.0T 10AT
19 Posts
Just installed the Progress RSB on my 2.0T Sport. The difference is huge!!!

It is so tight and level through the corners, it really raises the cars ability at its limit.

Note: You absolutely HAVE to drop the rear of the exhaust off the hangers. And even then, it is still a huge pain in the a$$ to maneuver the bars out and into place. Be patient, and good luck! In the end, I just needed to approach it in a different way, at the perfect angle, and use some extra brute force!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts