Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 16 Posts

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
When you say "our cars" what are you referring to? 10th gen? 9th, 8th? A rear bar is only as good as the front bar. The rig I installed described below is on an 8th gen. I mated a solid steel Ultra Racing FSB with an adjustable 22mm Progress RSB. HondaCare replaced the rack. Added Koni FSD struts. I have 40k-plus miles on these mods, zero issues, and the car handles as good as any sports sedan.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
I do believe this is in the 10th Gen forum... So when the OP says "our cars" Common sense would lead me to believe they are referring to the 10th Gen Accord. not a 9th or 8th... :thmsup:
The OEM disparity is a 26.5mm FSB and a 16mm RSB. You'll want a close match in size between FSB and RSB.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
The OEM disparity is a 26.5mm FSB and a 16mm RSB. I test drove an 18 EXL 2.0 and body roll and understeer were both evident. Get a RSB as close in circumference as you can to the OEM FSW, that will help wash out body roll and understeer. There are numerous aftermarket options for Accords in general, and it takes these guys some time to manufacture and get these products to market after a new model year. I understand the additional weight of a solid bar, especially RSB. I have a solid FSB if anything, a little weight up front is good. The RSB should be hollow given the right circumference.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
Thanks, I guess U.S. models would be the same, if that's the case would not a 22mm be a improvement over the 16.5 on the rear now?
If you have a 27mm FSM your RSB should be minimum 22mm.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
Doesn't the 10th gen have a factory FSB on all trims?

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
Are you talking about a harder ride? It doesn't affect that at all. As said many times in this thread, it reduces body roll, side-to-side body roll.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
No. It won't negatively affect that at all. I've had the Progress bar on my car for about 40k miles. Nothing but major improvements in handling and stability.

1 - 8 of 16 Posts