Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
REAR ANTI-ROLL Kit (Rear Sway Bar Only) E40-40-036-01-01 Rear Sway Bar is Tubular and 2 Way-Adjustable. 22mm (for 1.5T & 2.0T)
Call 800-507-2338
$161, available after November 16, 2018, taking pre-orders now.
do you know if we can get a discount if many people get it

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Progress on Progress RSB

I spoke to Progress and they're doing a test fitting soon. If all goes well, the sway bar should be available by year's end.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,118 Posts
I do believe this is in the 10th Gen forum... So when the OP says "our cars" Common sense would lead me to believe they are referring to the 10th Gen Accord. not a 9th or 8th... :thmsup:
The OEM disparity is a 26.5mm FSB and a 16mm RSB. You'll want a close match in size between FSB and RSB.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Really?!

The OEM disparity is a 26.5mm FSB and a 16mm RSB. You'll want a close match in size between FSB and RSB.

I'd like some of what you're smoking.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
See #16

ALL of the 2.0Ts get the larger brakes & sway bars. So EX-L 2.0 gets the same set up as Sport, Touring & Hybrid.
Apparently you didn't read post #16.

·
Enthusiast
127 Posts
Quick inquiry here.

Aftermarket Swaybars (Progress / Eibach etc) are adjustable, meaning a "soft" and a "firm" setting.

I see many people state benefits from upgrading just the RSB by itself.

Can we say that:

Stock RSB = Understeer
Aftermarket 22mm Swaybar on Soft Setting = Neutral
Aftermarket 22mm Swaybar on Hard Setting = Oversteer?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yea I have the Progress 22mm rear bar on my 9th gen. On soft setting just a touch of understeer when pushed real hard. On firm it would oversteer and make your but pucker some. Im on the soft setting.

Reactions: ellisd27

·
8th Gen Believer
4,118 Posts
The OEM disparity is a 26.5mm FSB and a 16mm RSB. I test drove an 18 EXL 2.0 and body roll and understeer were both evident. Get a RSB as close in circumference as you can to the OEM FSW, that will help wash out body roll and understeer. There are numerous aftermarket options for Accords in general, and it takes these guys some time to manufacture and get these products to market after a new model year. I understand the additional weight of a solid bar, especially RSB. I have a solid FSB if anything, a little weight up front is good. The RSB should be hollow given the right circumference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely going with Progress RSB. Had one for my Scion tC and it made a huge difference. Do you guys have any recommendations for a FSB or not needed? My goal is to improve handling around turns and corners.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I will have the Eibach RSB installed this week. The bars are done and they are waiting on end links. I will gladly give my impressions after the installation.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Were you able to get the Eibach RSB installed? How do you like it?
Yes, I did get the bar installed and is a very nice upgrade. Noticeably less body roll in turns and rear of car feels more “alive” during regular driving. The combo of the pro kit springs and the RSB is an excellent upgrade to this car.

I also have installed the hasport upper torque mount and put some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 255/40/19 on and feels like a completely different car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I did get the bar installed and is a very nice upgrade. Noticeably less body roll in turns and rear of car feels more “alive” during regular driving. The combo of the pro kit springs and the RSB is an excellent upgrade to this car.

I also have installed the hasport upper torque mount and put some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 255/40/19 on and feels like a completely different car.
That sounds awesome!

Have you tested both settings of the sway bar?

For the torque mount. Have you noticed any increased NVH? I’ve noticed some slop off the line which I assume is either due to the transmission or motor mounts...did this help with that?

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did some digging. Looks like part numbers for Eibach RSB between the civic and accord are the same. Seems like the civic and accord share pretty much the same suspension? The civic folks are even using accord end links. If this is the case then we can use the type r RSB at 20.5mm as another option.

Here’s the stock RSB dimensions from the different civic trims:
2017 Civic Hatchback LX Front / Rear
25.5 x t4.0 / 16.5

2017 Civic Si Sedan Front / Rear
27.0 x t4.5 / 18.0

2017 Civic Type R Front / Rear
29.0 x t5.0 / 20.5

Interesting that the hatchback has pretty much identical sway bars as the accord.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That sounds awesome!

Have you tested both settings of the sway bar?

For the torque mount. Have you noticed any increased NVH? I’ve noticed some slop off the line which I assume is either due to the transmission or motor mounts...did this help with that?

Thanks for the feedback!
I have only used the firmest setting so far and since the weather in so cal is so mild I’m likely not ever going to change that.

With the torque mount, there’s definitely some increased vibration, but I don’t mind it. I’d imagine the the majority would not like it.

The slop you speak of is absolutely from the soft motor mounts. I get absolutely zero wheel hop from a dig.

The improvements that these mods made honestly makes this car feel how it should, given the amount of power this engine delivers stock and in tuned form.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
From Progress, Jan 7, 2019

"We have a prototype bar on a vehicle here locally, just waiting on some additional feedback from the customer. Estimated release would be late February."

21 - 40 of 126 Posts