Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did some digging. Looks like part numbers for Eibach RSB between the civic and accord are the same. Seems like the civic and accord share pretty much the same suspension? The civic folks are even using accord end links. If this is the case then we can use the type r RSB at 20.5mm as another option.

Here’s the stock RSB dimensions from the different civic trims:
2017 Civic Hatchback LX Front / Rear
25.5 x t4.0 / 16.5

2017 Civic Si Sedan Front / Rear
27.0 x t4.5 / 18.0

2017 Civic Type R Front / Rear
29.0 x t5.0 / 20.5

Interesting that the hatchback has pretty much identical sway bars as the accord.
I was looking through the Honda parts catalog and the part numbers for the rear sway bar between the civic, accord, CTR are different for the last 6 numbers. This could just be marketing on Honda's part. Can anyone confirm the CTR rear sway bar fits the 10th generation Accord? I saw on the civic forum's the CTR RSW fits all civics.

Honda Parts Catalog:
Accord Sport (52300-TVA-A13)

CTR (52300-TGH-A03)

Civic Hatchback (52300-TGG-A01)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I always love upgrades like this, because handling is an all the time use.

I'll be adding the Eibach RSB to my list this year; setting "a" seems proper for me (live in one of the rainiest cities in the US).

a) Softest Setting.
 Reduces over-steer
 Use in rain or on slick roads.
 Use on rough or bumpy roads.
 Increases comfort.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,779 Posts
Thanks, I guess U.S. models would be the same, if that's the case would not a 22mm be a improvement over the 16.5 on the rear now?
If you have a 27mm FSM your RSB should be minimum 22mm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called Eibach and they said the thickness of their hollow RSB is 2.76mm. So I did the stiffness calc for the Eibach 22m hollow RSB and it is equivalent to a 20mm solid bar. The Acura TL type S uses a 20mm solid bar in the rear and a 27.2 bar in the front, so I think the Eibach RSB should be a good match for the Honda Accord which already has a 27.2D FSB.

·
Registered
34 Posts
is there anyone on this thread with just the Eibach rear sway bar installed? I am interested in this, but scared to pull the trigger. I read Ian's comments, but he also lowered his car at the same time, which to me doesn't help.

·
Enthusiast
122 Posts
I purchased and installed the Eibach RSB on an otherwise stock suspension car and it was a drastic difference over stock, even on the soft setting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
is there anyone on this thread with just the Eibach rear sway bar installed? I am interested in this, but scared to pull the trigger. I read Ian's comments, but he also lowered his car at the same time, which to me doesn't help.
I just got mine today! Will install over the weekend and let you know.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Progress RSB now available

Progress Rear Sway Bar for 2018 Honda Accord (also fits 2016 Civic)
Part No. 62.1018, $195.50 + shipping (CA to NY = $24)
• Progress .875" (22.2mm) dia. precision-bent alloy steel sway bar.
• Poly bushings and lateral location rings for instant sway bar response.
• New bushing brackets with TIG welded gussets for zero tear-out.
• Powder-coated sway bar & brackets for superior appearance & durability.
• Complete kit includes bushings, brackets and synthetic chassis lube.
• Designed for use with the OEM end links.
It's a simple installation, only six fasteners. Just install, torque to specs.
Sway Bar rates:
OEM 16.5mm dia. Solid sway = 240 lbs/in.
Progress 22.2mm dia. Solid sway = 740 lbs/in.
Includes reinforcement brackets!

Coupon Code: 20BUCKS for $20 off.

https://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/12/sfID2/34/sfID3/90/productID/864

·
Registered
8 Posts
So the Progress bar is solid, and the rate is 740lbs/in.
The Eibach bar is a tubular. Does anyone know the rate on it?

Both are 22mm, but I don't know if there is a huge difference in rates between the tubular and the solid bars.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered and TYVM!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a question from an "ordinary" person and not real hot rodder.

Thinking of maybe doing this while have car on rented lift for cat back install.

Will this be too much for normal driving? Would Eibach (sp?) be better choice?
(I did have fr/rear sway bars, very stiff, on my old Veloster Turbo, no comfort problem to me.)

Saw a comment way earlier about just doing rear and not front might alter driving characteristics.

Should we all wait until both are available?

Thank you for putting up with a "dummy." :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ivory here is a quick whats up. The bigger the bar the more grip is put to the other end of the car. The Accord with its stock sway bars has a lot of push built into it. Meaning the front tires will give up grip WAY before the rears do. Doing just the rear bar will add more grip to the front tires but the car will still push a little. So doing just the rear will have NO bad affect on handling at all. On my V6 I have the Progress bar and only on the stiff setting would my rear start to drift out on long turns like highway clover leafs and what not or high speed chicane. I went back to the soft setting just to be safe. Way easier to catch the car or lift when its pushing vs having to gas it to pull out of some oversteer with a front wheel drive car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Eibach rear sway bar installed on soft setting. I have a 2.0T touring. The upgrade has slight improvements... I curious what people thoughts are on the stiff setting? is it dangerous since I do live in the Northwest (meaning it rains alot). I use to have the gen 7 accord and adding RSB upgrade was night and day different. Upgrading on my 2.0T touring is better on corners and more stable at freeway speeds, but its not a dramatic change like it was on my previous gen 7 accord.

I plan to put it on the stiff setting in a week or two and see how much i slide.

FYI, removing the stock RSB was ridiculously hard especially since I did not loosen the exhaust mentioned in the instructions. It is doable, but ridiculously hard. getting the new one in is easier, but it required a mallet to get it in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So the Progress bar is solid, and the rate is 740lbs/in.
The Eibach bar is a tubular. Does anyone know the rate on it?

Both are 22mm, but I don't know if there is a huge difference in rates between the tubular and the solid bars.
Eibach tubular bar has an equivalent stiffness of a 20mm solid diameter bar. The progress solid bar is 51% stiffer than the eibach hollow bar, even though they are the same diameter.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts