Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tim,
In straight driving on the highway, you won't notice a thing as the RSB doesn't really affect the shocks and springs if the car is travelling in a straight line on smooth pavement. You will feel a little less "jiggle" in the rear if you go over some bumps / etc and should notice the car is steadier / more planted when you change lanes. This will be more noticeable, the faster / more aggressively you change lanes. RSB's are about controlling side to side weight transfer that is typically experienced as body roll. In this case, the fact that the RSB is weaker than the FSB means that the back of the car experiences more body roll than the front when turning. Since most of the weight is in the front of the car, this exaggerated roll in the back of the car makes it feel light / unsafe in sharp turns. The thicker / stronger RSB limits the weight transfer during cornering, keeping the body in a flatter / more controlled stance, which makes the care more stable and feel more "planted" during a turn.
I added the Progress bar to my 2.0 Touring back in the fall and couldn't be happier, it is a Christmas present that you will enjoy all year.
Thank ya for the review. Been kicking a RSB upgrade around, but I don't want to kill the stock ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please show me the engineer's analysis of how this strut will eliminate this "kind of rolls".
It's pretty simple. The strut brace attaches one strut mounting point to the opposite point on the other side of the car. This stiffens the chassis and helps reduce camber change during hard cornering.

What I can't figure out is why this thread was moved to a sway bar thread? Strut brace is not the same thing as a sway bar.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It's pretty simple. The strut brace attaches one strut mounting point to the opposite point on the other side of the car. This stiffens the chassis and helps reduce camber change during hard cornering.
I think you missed my prior comment to the effect that this stiffening (IME) is likely part of the firewall and thus Honda do not include it in the 2L Sport.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts