Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tim,
In straight driving on the highway, you won't notice a thing as the RSB doesn't really affect the shocks and springs if the car is travelling in a straight line on smooth pavement. You will feel a little less "jiggle" in the rear if you go over some bumps / etc and should notice the car is steadier / more planted when you change lanes. This will be more noticeable, the faster / more aggressively you change lanes. RSB's are about controlling side to side weight transfer that is typically experienced as body roll. In this case, the fact that the RSB is weaker than the FSB means that the back of the car experiences more body roll than the front when turning. Since most of the weight is in the front of the car, this exaggerated roll in the back of the car makes it feel light / unsafe in sharp turns. The thicker / stronger RSB limits the weight transfer during cornering, keeping the body in a flatter / more controlled stance, which makes the care more stable and feel more "planted" during a turn.
I added the Progress bar to my 2.0 Touring back in the fall and couldn't be happier, it is a Christmas present that you will enjoy all year.
Thank ya for the review. Been kicking a RSB upgrade around, but I don't want to kill the stock ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Please show me the engineer's analysis of how this strut will eliminate this "kind of rolls".
It's pretty simple. The strut brace attaches one strut mounting point to the opposite point on the other side of the car. This stiffens the chassis and helps reduce camber change during hard cornering.

What I can't figure out is why this thread was moved to a sway bar thread? Strut brace is not the same thing as a sway bar.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It's pretty simple. The strut brace attaches one strut mounting point to the opposite point on the other side of the car. This stiffens the chassis and helps reduce camber change during hard cornering.
I think you missed my prior comment to the effect that this stiffening (IME) is likely part of the firewall and thus Honda do not include it in the 2L Sport.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed the progressive 22.2mm rear swaybar to primarily reduce cross wind effects on my 2018 Accord touring Hybrid...
It accomplished nearly eliminating the issue. Heavy winds barely were felt. I'm loving it!
Today on the way to work I entered the on ramp a bit faster than normal... wow... before I was barely making the corner with the tires barking...
Not a sound came from the tires and I was on the inside of the corner compared to the outside.

The ride did not suffer in anyway. Originally, the car rear suspension has been quite soft.(in comfort mode)now it seems to have helped ---- by pulling in the more dampening from the other side.
Install was much easier on a lift. Remove the rear exhaust isolator/hangers and removing the bar was a breeze.

I'm loving it. Highly recommended

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Got the Progress RSB installed today at the shop and it's sooo much nicer in the turns now. Just normal turns on the street you feel it being more planted. Definitely should be the first upgrade to perform IMO.

Was planning on installing it myself but the alignment shop said they'd do it for $20 install along with the alignment, so that was a no brainer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Two questions for the thread:
1 - Anyone with Eibach's happy? That is, no one in here that went with the Eibach's have followed up praising the improvements like those that went with Progress
2 - Someone asked, but it wasn't answered - is it worth getting new end links?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Two questions for the thread:
1 - Anyone with Eibach's happy? That is, no one in here that went with the Eibach's have followed up praising the improvements like those that went with Progress
2 - Someone asked, but it wasn't answered - is it worth getting new end links?

Thanks!
1. I have the Eibach RSB, used the softer setting, and I love it. It seriously makes the car feel so much better every second you are driving it. It's so tight now, I love slinging it around.
2. I don't think new end links are necessary unless you need new ones, I didn't replace mine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1. I have the Eibach RSB, used the softer setting, and I love it. It seriously makes the car feel so much better every second you are driving it. It's so tight now, I love slinging it around.
2. I don't think new end links are necessary unless you need new ones, I didn't replace mine.
Thank you! 😀😀

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just did the eibach RSB and i didnt change my end links either. That may be a future purchase. But i will say the car feels good.

Reactions: edu8rdo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just adding to the chorus: I installed the RSB upgrade last night and took a quick drive. Immediately noticed a difference and felt so much more planted when cornering. It took away any sensation of "float" in the rear end, so in turns you dont have to wait for the suspension to "load up" before really accelerating in the turn. Gives a lot more confidence. Totally exposed how the new weak point is now the stock tires. I can now take some curves near me where i would have gone slow enough to not hear any tire howls, now i can get them howling pretty quick (speed i can carry is "much" higher). All around just a tighter feel, and less feeling of sway at highway speeds as well. for under $300, this was pretty fantastic.

-SP

·
Registered
238 Posts
Small update. So its been a few weeks now with the RSB on and I can say that this is a mod I can actually say I notice a difference. Along the lines of what others have said. Its true, the float feeling I used to get at speeds over 70... All gone. Turning into corners feels so much better too. I don't have to slow down excessively.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I’ve ordered the one from Progressive (22mm ) and they just sent an email stating it’s on a three week back order. I’m guessing they couldn’t have taken the time to post that on their website ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve ordered the one from Progressive (22mm ) and they just sent an email stating it’s on a three week back order. I’m guessing they couldn’t have taken the time to post that on their website ?
Many websites trick their customers in that way and no one (I mean the regulators) have done anything to prevent this from happening. I can name you endless websites which present their products as (In Stock) items and no oone bother to check if they really comply with that label. some would argue that you have the right for a full refund once they inform you that the product is out of stock, but we are not talking about that basic right, we are talking about wasting your time and money (Transaction process back and forth costs you missing other opportunities of finding the product somewhere else and paying that exact money for it). I'd advise against clicking on checkout before emailing them and making sure they have the product in stock, unless you don't mind waiting.

·
More cars, more problems
43 Posts
Many websites trick their customers in that way and no one (I mean the regulators) have done anything to prevent this from happening
What is there to regulate? If you walk into a shop and the item you're looking for isn't in stock, you're not entitled to any recompense. A website is no different.

The whole reason that online shopping is so cheap is the fact that most things are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer, meaning that the company that owns the website that sold it to you doesn't need to maintain their own stock, which vastly decreases their operating costs (no warehouse, no shipping or logistics needed), the caveat is, of course, that accurate stock values are only knowledge of the manufacturer. However, as the sellers race to the bottom to provide the best price, the savings is passed on to you, the consumer.

No reason to be so outraged over a couple weeks :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is there to regulate? If you walk into a shop and the item you're looking for isn't in stock, you're not entitled to any recompense. A website is no different.

The whole reason that online shopping is so cheap is the fact that most things are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer, meaning that the company that owns the website that sold it to you doesn't need to maintain their own stock, which vastly decreases their operating costs (no warehouse, no shipping or logistics needed), the caveat is, of course, that accurate stock values are only knowledge of the manufacturer. However, as the sellers race to the bottom to provide the best price, the savings is passed on to you, the consumer.

No reason to be so outraged over a couple weeks :p
To give you a good example of how bad this is, imagine you walk into a shop and you find what you are looking for on the shelf and then they say to you " we will bring you a new one from inside, go and finish your payment while we bring it to you”. Once you paid and they issued the bill, they turned up and said to you " sorry we don't have it in store, you have to wait a month or so”, but you don't want to, and you asked for a refund and they said to you " you have to wait a week or so to get it in your bank's account, knowing that the next shop have that product already, who's fault is this? Can I say it was yours because you made the payment based on a false statement?

You may know that fact that sometimes websites don't hold their own stock (This knowledge is based on your experience with these websites not a common sense), which is OK, if that's disclosed to you in their policies and in a clear manner, but the fact isn't. They show you that the product is (IN STOCK) and you proceed with the payment thinking, they have it in stock (BTW, Many websites have their own warehouses and show you how many of that product they have e.g. Amazon) and suffering starts after you made the payment :).

I wouldn't expect websites in Saudi Arabia to comply with that thing because they are far beyond Western websites when it comes to advancements in Customer Service and how they operate, but I do when it comes to countries of good CUSTOMERS' RIGHTS which made me a regular customer of Amazon and Ebay since 2007.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Not sure how it works outside of the US, but if you order something online and find out it is not available or shipping will take too long you can usually contact the customer and cancel your order. This results in a cancellation of the charge and no money is ever charged to you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Eibach now has a front sway bar!

I ordered both the front and the rear as a pair, and they called to said they're quite backed up but shipping around mid July.
The Eibach FSB is 26mm and 3-way adjustable. The LX and EX comes with a non-adjustable 26.5mm and the Sport, Hybrid, and Touring use a 27.2 mm FSB.

I already installed the Eibach RSB, which is awesome; but will probably skip the Eibach FSB.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts