Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
HK Moderator
14,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yes. It is posted here in this thread. You can also click the links to the two biggest sellers of Honda Care and see for yourself based on how many years, zero or $100 deductible, plus a couple other variables.

But if you just walk into a dealer and ask for an "extended warranty" your price range will be between $900 - $2,800 based on what people here reported. That includes Honda Care and 3rd party. Good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Does anyone know the cost range of the extended warranty on the new Accord? I don’t usually purchase the extended warranty but with this being the first year of the new generation, it seems like a smart investment if the price is reasonable. Thanks.
Go to https://hyannishondacare.com/questionnaire.php and fill in the form then click "List My Available Plans". Then, enter your email address, first and last names, and the security code then click "Send Me More Info". You'll get an instant email with pricing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anybody know of any options for us to but the extended warranty if we're located in Florida?
See post previous to yours. Do what it says. That's what I did, it's got nothing to do with where you live. I live in IL, and I just went to the linked page on the Hyannis Honda page, followed the directions, and got prices on all the Honda Care packages, prices good until 8/31. I later got a followup e-mail from Sean, their Internet Manager.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
See post previous to yours. Do what it says. That's what I did, it's got nothing to do with where you live. I live in IL, and I just went to the linked page on the Hyannis Honda page, followed the directions, and got prices on all the Honda Care packages, prices good until 8/31. I later got a followup e-mail from Sean, their Internet Manager.
"We are sorry but due to Florida State law, Florida residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer." - Sacucci Honda

·
HK Moderator
14,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
^I just updated post #1.....CA and FL have that "service contract" clause. But, Honda Care follows the VIN, not the state of residence. So once you own it, you own it. If you are a resident of CA or FL, you can purchase from one of the online dealers if you submit a "purchase" address not in those states. Story developing.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Today I completed the process of cancelling the original, overpriced extended warranty we purchased when we bought our Accord, and buying a Honda Care package (same coverage, half the price) from Sean Rausch at Hyannis Honda. Quick and complete, e-mail receipt was immediate, I get the warranty paperwork from Honda in about two weeks.
It took us two months to get our money back from the dealer that sold us the car. Just for laughs, I e-mailed around at random for quotes on Honda Care. Most were $2200-$2400 for the same 8/120/100 deductible package, so the inflated prices are not uncommon. Caveat emptor!

·
Registered
43 Posts
^I just updated post #1.....CA and FL have that "service contract" clause. But, Honda Care follows the VIN, not the state of residence. So once you own it, you own it. If you are a resident of CA or FL, you can purchase from one of the online dealers if you submit a "purchase" address not in those states. Story developing.....
The actual site asks what state the vehicle is registered in, will that show up if I try to buy online from "Arizona" if I live in California....asking for a friend ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does the maintenance plan really only cover oil changes? <snip>
I'm confused. The discussion in this thread has been of the Honda Care extended warranty, which AFAIK doesn't cover maintenance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm confused. The discussion in this thread has been of the Honda Care extended warranty, which AFAIK doesn't cover maintenance.
Someone posted prices for both.. if you like I can open another thread...(post 12)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
HK Moderator
14,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The actual site asks what state the vehicle is registered in, will that show up if I try to buy online from "Arizona" if I live in California....asking for a friend ?
I think your friend will be fine....my friend did this and was fine.

Does the maintenance plan really only cover oil changes? I was reading a brochure and that is what it looks like it covers.. during the first 45k miles doesn't the transmission fluid need to be changed and air filters, brake fluid ? (On my 8th gen trannie is every 30k miles or so..and air filters every 10k miles. .. brake fluid is every 3 years )

I am just trying to understand the economics of why it would make sense to buy that. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Maintenance Plan from Dealer - Should I buy?
https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/504185-maintenance-plan-dealer-should-i-buy.html#post6293673

·
Registered
219 Posts
Received my contract from Honda Care a couple of days ago, after buying it from Sean Rausch at Hyannis Honda. The delivery took about two weeks, as promised. To recap from previous posts, we originally bought an extended warranty from the dealer the day the car was delivered. It was 8/120/$100 deductible (NOT Honda Care), and cost a hair over $2,000. When I found this thread, I immediately cancelled the policy, and when I received the refund (which took over a month), I bought the Honda Care extended warranty (same provisions, the C82 policy at 8/120/$100 deductible) for $975. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Received my contract from Honda Care a couple of days ago, after buying it from Sean Rausch at Hyannis Honda. The delivery took about two weeks, as promised. To recap from previous posts, we originally bought an extended warranty from the dealer the day the car was delivered. It was 8/120/$100 deductible (NOT Honda Care), and cost a hair over $2,000. When I found this thread, I immediately cancelled the policy, and when I received the refund (which took over a month), I bought the Honda Care extended warranty (same provisions, the C82 policy at 8/120/$100 deductible) for $975. Caveat emptor.
So I know prices rise, I was going to wait a few months before getting the warranty, will it go up much or probably be about the same in January? I won't hit over 6k miles before that

·
Registered
219 Posts
So I know prices rise, I was going to wait a few months before getting the warranty, will it go up much or probably be about the same in January? I won't hit over 6k miles before that
The price table Hyannis sent me was marked "these quotes good until August 31st." i actually ran a week over that before purchasing mine, and still got the quoted price on the C82 warranty of $975.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are warranty prices higher for the Hybrid? I'm seeing higher quotes from Hyannis and Saccucci than what I've seen in this thread.

For example, best I'm seeing for $0 8y 120K (D82) is $1,345, but multiple instances of people reporting getting it for $1080.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Are warranty prices higher for the Hybrid? I'm seeing higher quotes from Hyannis and Saccucci than what I've seen in this thread.

For example, best I'm seeing for $0 8y 120K (D82) is $1,345, but multiple instances of people reporting getting it for $1080.
I think this is due to the higher cost to repair a hybrid car.

·
Registered
5 Posts

It is more expensive, yes. Think I paid 200-250 more than the equivalent non-hybrid version.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It is more expensive, yes. Think I paid 200-250 more than the equivalent non-hybrid version.
Is there a deductible with that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seems i got ripped off on warranty. $1600+ for 7 year/75k on 2.0t manual. I honestly didnt think to see if it could be found cheaper as i assumed it was a set price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Extended warranty on new Accord?

I just purchased a 2018 Accord EX-L and am looking to find out more info about extended warranties. I put about 20-25k miles on my car per year commuting to work. Any good recommendations for 3rd party extended warranties?

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
61 - 80 of 119 Posts