Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for lowering suspensions for 2018 Accord.

Can someone point me to the right direction online?

I’ve looked and none of the big brands have them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
D2 Lowering Springs now for sale = Fake News

Been looking daily for something to come out on to lower the car OTHER than coilovers. Tired of paying big money for coilovers to go bad in a year or two and be out that money. Anyways I was just browsing for wheels and seen a thing for suspension and clicked and came across these D2 Lowering springs. 2 inch drop front and rear and says they are vehicle specific for the 2018 Accord. So, who's gonna go first lol

https://www.carid.com/2018-honda-accord-lowering-kits/

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,164 Posts
All 3 of those are 9th gen parts. Is the 9th gen suspension the same as the 10th gen's?

My guess is it's another case of vendors making the assumption that they are, just like when the 9th gen first came out and vendors and manufacturers were listing 2008-2012 parts as compatible with 2013+ Accord when they weren't

·
Registered
137 Posts
From experience, BC Racing, Tein, Skunk 2, they all last about the same. The longest being BC which lasted a year and 8 months (all coilovers). Had Skunk2 lowering springs on my 9th gen Si that rode great for 2 years on stock struts for a fraction of what the BC cost for the same vehicle.

All 3 of those are 9th gen parts. Is the 9th gen suspension the same as the 10th gen's?

My guess is it's another case of vendors making the assumption that they are, just like when the 9th gen first came out and vendors and manufacturers were listing 2008-2012 parts as compatible with 2013+ Accord when they weren't
I can't imagine that the 9th and 10th are the same. If they wrongly listed these as 10th gen Accord Springs, they could really cause a blunder for someone

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,164 Posts
No.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/257-wheels-suspension-brakes/505202-d2-lowering-springs-now-sale.html

·
Banned
438 Posts
For the record...most of the kits out there are actually Civic Springs...it appears that the Civic Springs fit the Accord. HOWEVER, I would suggest against this...might give you the look you're going for, but you're installing springs that are not designed for our cars

·
Registered
36 Posts
Damn that actually looks really good with 20's. I don't know see part numbers anywhere... seems like people are guessing or Eibach is still testing.
I read a little further and it appears that he used civic springs. I’m going to call eibach later this afternoon and see what they say.. Wheh I did a search this morning I didn’t see any part number for accords either so we’ll see. I’ll update when I get new info.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So this dealership is using civic springs? I wonder if they're covering all the suspension if they're modifying at dealer since this hasn't been tested for long term affects. Might back fire on them if stuff starts blowing out or wearing out early.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I actually have the prototype springs from Eibach on my car. The rear set is identical to the civic, but the front are not the same. A camber kit is needed as I was a few degrees out of spec. I’m going back to Eibach on 3/20 for the camber kit install and sway bar fitment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually have the prototype springs from Eibach on my car. The rear set is identical to the civic, but the front are not the same. A camber kit is needed as I was a few degrees out of spec. I’m going back to Eibach on 3/20 for the camber kit install and sway bar fitment.
Pics?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Back when I used to own a 2004 Acura TL, the same suspension could also fit 2004-2008 Acura TSX's and 2003-2007 Honda Accords. I ran many different set ups, one being TEIN Springs + Koni SP3 shocks from a 4 cylinder accord.

The springs had a softer spring rate, so the ride wasn't harsh but definitely was more prone to bottoming out if you're not too careful (never had it happen to me). With that said, that was one of my best suspension set ups paired with Koni Shocks because of the slightly softer ride and with a slight rake look.

You're not gonna destroy your car running the civic set up if it fits, but just reiterating what stated, it wasn't particularly designed for our cars so it may ride a bit softer with a slightly lower drop that stated.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts