Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
201 - 220 of 267 Posts
Apologies if this has been asked before or a million times...I have a 19 touring and am looking for either springs or a coilover system under 1000 BUT am too scared to buy anything because the touring has the adaptive dampers and I do not want to deal with throwing a light. No descriptions say they will or will not work with the adaptive suspension. Can I please get some suggestions on options that work with the adaptive system?
This is not true. A simple search and you would find your answer. Stick to springs.

I finally got around to installing my Eibach Sportline springs this past weekend! LOVE the new height and the ride feel is almost identical to OEM. Highly recommend this set up. I was also able to test fit my aftermarket wheels. Once I get the tires I will mount them and also install my Eibach pro allignment kit to adjust my rear camber since lowering the car.

Attachments

How's the ride so far? To me, the is the optimal height I'm looking for, but the need for camber kits is bugging me (since it's not easy to install). After three months of installation, the question remains, is it necessary to put on some camber kits? Is there any bad tread wear signs present yet?
I did not need a camber kit. Ride is smooth. No uneven tread wear.

So when you took it back to the dealership to get your wheels realigned, did you advised them that the vehicle was now lowered so they can align it based on new height and not stock height?
Your alignment numbers don't change based on the new ride height. However, you will need an alignment after installing springs to get it back to the stock numbers.

Update, I mounted my aftermarket wheels and I will definitely need to install my rear camber adjustment kit to get my fitment squared again. Installing myself tomorrow and going for an alignment. Until then, here are some photos with the new wheels, and a shot of the rear for camber reference.

Looks good. I left a small bit of camber with my setup. It's not drastic, and I like it. My wheels aren't that wide, nor does my offset push them out super far. So to me that touch of camber just looks nice. Let me know how hard the camber kit is to install. By the way what are your wheel specs?

Update, I mounted my aftermarket wheels and I will definitely need to install my rear camber adjustment kit to get my fitment squared again. Installing myself tomorrow and going for an alignment. Until then, here are some photos with the new wheels, and a shot of the rear for camber reference.
You may not need the camber kit. The alignment will probably correct all that camber. You only need a camber kit if you can't get the wheels back to the stock angles, it's basically longer bolts.

Was wondering bout the camber kit. I've seen some videos and it looks like a pain to get the OEM camber arms out. I just got the D2 springs and hope to drop them in this weekend. Hope it doesn't take too long.

Was wondering bout the camber kit. I've seen some videos and it looks like a pain to get the OEM camber arms out. I just got the D2 springs and hope to drop them in this weekend. Hope it doesn't take too long.
The inner bolts are a pain in the ass, especially the driver's side. I found that removing the plastic splash guard(closest to the arm) gave me a little more wiggle room on the drivers side.

I got it done in a couple hours. Having a ratcheting boxed end wrench I think it is 19mm or 17mm really helped. Make sure you remove the outer hardware first before the inner hardware. And when it comes time to tighten the hardware make sure to jack up each knuckle assembly before final tightening. It should mention something in the manual.

2020 Accord Touring dropped .8 Eibach pro with camber kit just doesn’t seem low enough..... I wish it was an even 1.0 don’t understand how they jump from .8 to 1.8 my worst fear is not low enough or even worse too low I ordered 20s with 245/35s .......

Looks good. I left a small bit of camber with my setup. It's not drastic, and I like it. My wheels aren't that wide, nor does my offset push them out super far. So to me that touch of camber just looks nice. Let me know how hard the camber kit is to install. By the way what are your wheel specs?
Thanks man, My wheels are 20x10.5 +45. They're pretty aggressive but i still have some clearance about 1/4 inch up front and 1/2 on these eibachs.

2020 Accord Touring dropped .8 Eibach pro with camber kit just doesn’t seem low enough..... I wish it was an even 1.0 don’t understand how they jump from .8 to 1.8 my worst fear is not low enough or even worse too low I ordered 20s with 245/35s .......
I am currently running a set of Eibach sportlines with 20x10.5 on a 255 and I have had no issues so far. It is close clearance but it’s as close of a fit without any actual rubbing.

With your size in wheels and tires. I think your gonna be just fine. What offset did you get? I have seen a few accords with 20's and eibach springs. It looked good. But thats me. I went with D2's because i kept the 19's and that 2" drop is right on the money.

Reactions: Hardknoxx05
With your size in wheels and tires. I think your gonna be just fine. What offset did you get? I have seen a few accords with 20's and eibach springs. It looked good. But thats me. I went with D2's because i kept the 19's and that 2" drop is right on the money.
20x8.5 mkk wheels with the recommended offset 35 probably going to use pro kit eibach .8 drop because it’s a touring and I still want a decent ride just need a slight drop

My offset is 35 the standard recommended from get your wheels....dude was cool and suggested 245/35/20 tires won’t rub when lowered and offer more rubber for pot holes ....

with the 2020 touring I have not seen 1 lowered with 20s yet all I have seen is sport and EX I am going for luxury performance look and feel so the eibach pro is my only option .8 With camber kit it’s going to have to be .....hopefully it will settle another .1 or better yet a .2

If you have seen a sport with the eibach pro kit, then just know the touring will look the same. They are after all the same car just with more features.

I finally got around to installing my Eibach Sportline springs this past weekend! LOVE the new height and the ride feel is almost identical to OEM. Highly recommend this set up. I was also able to test fit my aftermarket wheels. Once I get the tires I will mount them and also install my Eibach pro allignment kit to adjust my rear camber since lowering the car. View attachment 519362
Looks sick! Is the rear camber kit necessary? Noticeable negative camber?

Its necessary only if you want a close to perfect alignment where your wheels look as stock as possible. I have the D2 drop which is 2" all around. I dont have the camber kit and its not crazy bad at all. The camber is noticeable but its very minimal IMO.

Did you happen to get yours aligned? Would love to know the rear camber with the d2 springs. I'd like to skip the camber kit if possible but don't want to roast the inner side of tires

@MDhonda43

I did get aligned. My rear was -1.2 left and -1.5 on right I believe. But the toe is well within spec range if not perfect.

I did get aligned. My rear was -1.2 left and -1.5 on right I believe. But the toe is well within spec range if not perfect.
Thanks - that's not bad at all. I'll skip the camber kit most likely then

Reactions: MDhonda43
201 - 220 of 267 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.