Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you get any responses the first thing your gonna get is search the forum posts. There a few here talking about 20mm spacers. Cutting or not cutting studs, Depending on your rims, you might not have to cut them at all. If your handy you can widen the holes on the back of your stock sport wheels. But there are a few threads. Just hit the search

Reactions: Rayo

·
More cars, more problems
274 Posts
Nice! I just got the same sway bars/coilovers installed too, but I did have an issue with the driver's side front end link coming unthreaded. I hope it was just a one time fluke, but if you start to hear clunking on bumps, I'd double check them.

·
Life is a Stag Party!
2020 Accord Sport 1.5t
2 Posts
Hey guys.. sorry haven’t been on in a long time. So I have had the H&R Springs on for a while.. man they are great. They went from prototype to actual production Sorings so far no sag after months of having them on. I did notice though the production springs dropped the rear down just a little more. I would say they are 1.3F/1.4R I have to get a tape measure to find out exactly.

Rides smooth, with no rubbing on the 20” wheels. I know people are talking more about the eibachs. When I lived in California, those were so great. Now living up in the PNW, H&R seem to rule the roost up here.

I can say this much, don’t hot a lot hole or a man hole hard, your car will let you know you did!! Ha
I have the Accord Sport 1.5t... if I go with the H&R sport, will the front drop of 1.4" be the same as the 2.0? I believe the 2.0 engine is a bit heavier. Thanks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The stance on the stock cars is the same on both models. I think the only variable is with the touring models with the active dampening struts. So the drop should be the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone here used the Swift Spec-R sport springs? I know they make great springs, but can’t really find any reviews from Accord owners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So what level of drop truly requires a camber kit for a 2018 2.0T6MT ? Is it over 1" over 2" ? Not a matter of cost I am simply wondering if a minimal drop such as the H&R's or Eibach's really require a camber correction or not. I am actually going to be going with 18x9.5 40MM Offset Titan S5 wheels wrapped in Falken Azenis 265/35/18' tires Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Over 2 or should I say 2 or more inches. Your rear camber starts to really show.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MD thanks. What are you lowered on , Springs / Coil's. Looks perfect at least from the front angle pic of your car on the driveway in your sig. Cheers

Thanks !

·
Registered
371 Posts
Im on coils D2 coils to be exact. Its a 2" drop all around and aligned at my local shop. I do have a touch of camber in the rear but nothing drastic. I actually like the look. The fronts are within spec.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Update, I mounted my aftermarket wheels and I will definitely need to install my rear camber adjustment kit to get my fitment squared again. Installing myself tomorrow and going for an alignment. Until then, here are some photos with the new wheels, and a shot of the rear for camber reference. View attachment 520663
Thanks man, My wheels are 20x10.5 +45. They're pretty aggressive but i still have some clearance about 1/4 inch up front and 1/2 on these eibachs.

I am currently running a set of Eibach sportlines with 20x10.5 on a 255 and I have had no issues so far. It is close clearance but it’s as close of a fit without any actual rubbing.

Ok this is the best post ive read so far simply because spec wise this is extremely close to my car. I was always unsure or saying no to lowering but since ive put on my new setup i want to elimimate that gap.

Im running 20x10 +40 on 255/35

·
Registered
371 Posts
So my buddy just went full air ride, and offered up his old set up which was the D2 coilovers. They are not new but they are not abused. I would say he probably put less than 1k miles, maybe even less than 500. His car is not his daily driver so it sees the road less often than my accord. My setup was just the D2 springs and i loved the look a had. But man I put on the coilovers i really feel like the car rides better. I dont here anymore noises up front because the preload on the actual spring is better than my old setup. So i took the car up about 3/4" higher than what i had, and i still get a great look and im still toying with the dampening adjustments to see how different it is between hard and soft. Ill have to take some better pics. the ones i took are too dark.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone with coilovers, do you know if there is a way to access the damper control from inside the car or trunk? Or does it have to be removed,knobs turned and reinstalled?

So my buddy just went full air ride, and offered up his old set up which was the D2 coilovers. They are not new but they are not abused. I would say he probably put less than 1k miles, maybe even less than 500. His car is not his daily driver so it sees the road less often than my accord. My setup was just the D2 springs and i loved the look a had. But man I put on the coilovers i really feel like the car rides better. I dont here anymore noises up front because the preload on the actual spring is better than my old setup. So i took the car up about 3/4" higher than what i had, and i still get a great look and im still toying with the dampening adjustments to see how different it is between hard and soft. Ill have to take some better pics. the ones i took are too dark.
hey. how are you accessing the rear damper controls to adjust? is there another way besides removing the whole coils?

221 - 240 of 252 Posts