Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
121 - 140 of 267 Posts
No alignment problems, no rubbing, call Eibach for information.
You can't judge by feel. After I lowered mine with Pro-Kit it drives and track perfect and straight. I was debating the alignment question. Took it to the dealership, and my alignment was off. Was it worth another $100 for a 4 wheel alignment? Depends on how much meat is left on the tires. For me, I only have 10K miles so it was worth it to me.

No alignment problems, no rubbing, call Eibach for information.
You can't judge by feel. After I lowered mine with Pro-Kit it drives and track perfect and straight. I was debating the alignment question. Took it to the dealership, and my alignment was off. Was it worth another $100 for a 4 wheel alignment? Depends on how much meat is left on the tires. For me, I only have 10K miles so it was worth it to me.
Always get a 4-wheel alignment when replacing springs.
So when you took it back to the dealership to get your wheels realigned, did you advised them that the vehicle was now lowered so they can align it based on new height and not stock height?

This is interesting, they don't have the alignment kit available for my 2.0T on Eibach's website. They had them just a couple of days ago.

So when you took it back to the dealership to get your wheels realigned, did you advised them that the vehicle was now lowered so they can align it based on new height and not stock height?
Yes. My dealership also built several modified Accords that were lowered. They sold about 11 of them. So the Service Manager assigned it to the Tech that "built them" so they factored that in.

That was the reason why I went back to the dealership. They were "pro-mods."

Yes. My dealership also built several modified Accords that were lowered. They sold about 11 of them. So the Service Manager assigned it to the Tech that "built them" so they factored that in.

That was the reason why I went back to the dealership. They were "pro-mods."
That's very interesting. I've never heard of actual dealership encouraging people to modify their vehicles lol. I need to find me a dealership near me so they can work on my vehicle once my springs arrive.

Maybe Pro is not the right word. I mean to say "friendly" as in they understand the passion of cars. I know the Service Manager used to work at a performance shop, and one of his service advsior also owned a shop (that went out of business). And Techs that also mod their own cars. In the end, it's about selling service.

Yes, it's not uncommon for dealerships to bolt on aftermarket wheels, body kits, etc, to try to inflate the $$$.

I think it's very uncommon to find a dealership that will install aftermarket lowering springs in your car simple because you will void your warranty when it comes to future suspension problems. That said,Galpin Honda in L.A. has had a few new Accords for sale with Eibach springs and they will install them on your car, but I think you will still void your warranty, just my two cents.

Correct. One always run the risk of the dealership saying "no". This is my 5th car lowered and I never had an issue with warranty claims. Then again, none of issues are drivetrain related. That's partly why I buy Hondas. The only issue I had with suspension was a lower trailing link issue on my 1989 Integra. The dealership fixed it under warranty, no issues. That car was OEM stock.

My wife (then GF) did own a Civic that was sold from the dealership with Eibach. The dealership told her "no worries, bring it back, we'll take care of you." Honestly, at the time, I told her NOT to buy it - because of the possible warranty question. She owned the car for 80K miles, no issues.

In the end, we should understand the risk. But also remember why we buy Hondas to begin with. Not saying Hondas are perfect.

So I just order the Pro Kit springs and camber kit. I noticed that the part number the sales guy gave me for the camber kit was for a Civic. Has anyone else noticed this, and are these parts interchangeable?

These were my alignment spec's after eibach pro-kit install. Left front camber -0.6, right front -0.6 left front toe 0.02 right front toe 0.04 left rear camber -1.5 right rear camber -1.5 left rear toe 0.09 right rear toe 0.07.

121 - 140 of 267 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.