Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1981 - 2000 of 2027 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I traded my 2020 Sport 1.5 for a 2022 Lexus ES 350 F Sport. I got $29,400 for my trade in and I only paid $26,500 for my car. I considered getting an Sport 2.0 but this is what I really wanted. I got The Lexus at MSRP but I got a total of $4,700 in credit towards the Lexus since I got $2,900 more than what I paid for my Accord, plus a $1,800 tax credit. I’m so glad I didn’t take the local Honda Dealerships offer of $24,000 for my Accord for a 2.0 because I ended up getting $5,400 more for my car and the car I really wanted all along.

I’m pretty sure I‘m leaving the Honda family. Who knows, I might return in the future, but I want to stick with Lexus for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Sorry about your Accord but it's tough to get stuff fixed without a TSB or something being completely broken. Best of luck with the Highlander. It should require little maintenance and most importantly, no timing belt or VCM. I think you will find a void in performance and fun to drive factor though. It's narrower than the Passport which helps for garage use.
Yep- my wife's Passport won't even fit in our garage- as it's too tall because of the foolish shark fin antenna. The Passport drives larger than it is- it feels really wide... while the Highlander drives smaller than it is. I very much prefer the Highlander... my wife has driven my Highlander around the block- and she said that she prefers her Passport because it feels like you are sitting higher and she says that visibility is better. Both seem to be superior to the other in some ways, and inferior in others.

The problem you mentioned with the stiff brake pedal on startup is a know issue that dealers refuse to fix, but it's an easy fix with the replacement of a check valve at your expense of course. Yet another example of a manufacturer essentially saying that a known problem is normal
Yep- That's why it is so frustrating. I know that they know that it's a common problem- but they all play it like it's not a known issue. With both my Accord and Passport- I've taken video of all of the issues and have played it for them. As I've said- I've also left the vehicles overnight because most of the issues happen when the car is started when cold in the morning. Somehow the problems happen 99% of the time when in my driveway- but never while at the dealer. They just don't want to fix it- pure and simple. Somehow I imagine that as soon as the warranty is up- then they'll suddenly admit that there is a problem and be willing to fix it- while charging their normal hourly rate, of course.

I wonder if my wife's Passport's issue might be different than the one that you describe- as the pedal isn't hard to press at all when the problem happens... the car just doesn't register that you are pressing the pedal. Either way- there are tons of complaints about this online. There's no excuse for dealers to pretend that it's not a problem. Her Passport still has about 26,000 miles left on her bumper-to-bumper warranty- so there's lots of time to debate if we should trade-it in or keep it. I'll say this- if I had to drive it each day- the dang thing would have been traded in a few months ago.

Have you heard of the Car Care Nut Youtube channel? If you want to get up to speed on Toyota's (if you're not already) he's got everything you need to know.

I've gone the Toyota route 3 RAV4's since last summer, really liking these hybrids I'm all in so its a gamble but so far so good.

I like my Passport but it's slow, heavy and a guzzler but like you said, it doesn't hold its value. Looking to trade it in for a Highlander not sure if gas or hybrid or possibly a RAV4 Prime.
I've watched a few of the Car Car Nut's videos. I was happy to watch his video on the current Highlander- which he largely gives the green light to purchase- especially if you avoid 2020 and early 2021 years that had some minor issues.

I strongly debated going for a Highlander Hybrid. My wife and I owned a Camry Hybrid for about 15 years that we loved- and it was extremely reliable. The dealer didn't have any on the lot- they are really hard to find in my area right now. Plus, I'm not sure I'd be okay going from the Accord 2.0t to a Highlander Hybrid, as it's noticeably slower than the 3.5L Highlander. It's hard enough getting used to the lack of initial grunt in the Highlander 3.5L after driving an Accord with the 2.0t. Once it's up to speed, the 3.5L is plenty fast for passing and merging.

My sister has a Rav4 and loves it- but it's just too small for my taste and I'm not really into the styling of the current generation.

One thing that I already love about the Highlander (or really it's something that I thought that I would hate but it turns out that it's fine)... it's auto start-stop system. There's no need to turn it off each time. When the Highlander comes to a stop- the start/stop system on it doesn't automatically engage. A message appears in the instrument cluster that tells you that if you want it to engage, press down harder on the brake pedal. If you don't, it doesn't engage.

Reactions: 14v6

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I traded my 2020 Sport 1.5 for a 2022 Lexus ES 350 F Sport. I got $29,400 for my trade in and I only paid $26,500 for my car. I considered getting an Sport 2.0 but this is what I really wanted. I got The Lexus at MSRP but I got a total of $4,700 in credit towards the Lexus since I got $2,900 more than what I paid for my Accord, plus a $1,800 tax credit. I’m so glad I didn’t take the local Honda Dealerships offer of $24,000 for my Accord for a 2.0 because I ended up getting $5,400 more for my car and the car I really wanted all along.

I’m pretty sure I‘m leaving the Honda family. Who knows, I might return in the future, but I want to stick with Lexus for now.
Congrats! That is an absolutely beautiful ES350. Do you have plans for the wheels? I know that you said that you aren't a fan of dark-colored wheels.

I too am not a fan of the wheels on my Highlander, but with Toyota's annoying way of managing the TPMS, I don't know if I want to go through the hassle and expense of replacing the wheels. Honda makes it so much more convenient by not putting sensors in the wheels.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I was happy to get an email from HondaLink today indicating that they are refunding me $33 for my remote subscription for my 2021 Accord. I had opted for a year after the trial ended and was surprised to find out that they gave me a prorated refund after selling my Accord last week.

I did see that the local Toyota dealer finally put my Accord on the used lot. I thought that they would charge more for it given its low miles. It's a 2021 Touring with only 9,100 miles and they have it listed for $36,900. The Honda dealer across the street has a 2020 Accord Touring for sale with 8500 miles and they have it listed for $40,887... and their inventory seems to move quickly.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats! That is an absolutely beautiful ES350. Do you have plans for the wheels? I know that you said that you aren't a fan of dark-colored wheels.

I too am not a fan of the wheels on my Highlander, but with Toyota's annoying way of managing the TPMS, I don't know if I want to go through the hassle and expense of replacing the wheels. Honda makes it so much more convenient by not putting sensors in the wheels.
Thanks. It’s hard to tell because it was overcast out, but I actually had the wheels painted metallic gray, (dark graphite) the same color that came on the 2019-2021s. It’s not a lot lighter than the black wheels but it’s light enough for me to actually like. I must admit that I liked my wheels on my Accord much better. At least these will be easier to clean. Those Sport wheels were a pain to clean. All I have to do now is order the lug nuts and center cap for the wheels that came on the 2019-2021 to match since they are still black.
If you go on YouTube and look up a 2021 and 2022 you can tell the difference. The black wheels were hideous 👎🏾

I was happy to get an email from HondaLink today indicating that they are refunding me $33 for my remote subscription for my 2021 Accord. I had opted for a year after the trial ended and was surprised to find out that they gave me a prorated refund after selling my Accord last week.

I did see that the local Toyota dealer finally put my Accord on the used lot. I thought that they would charge more for it given its low miles. It's a 2021 Touring with only 9,100 miles and they have it listed for $36,900. The Honda dealer across the street has a 2020 Accord Touring for sale with 8500 miles and they have it listed for $40,887... and their inventory seems to move quickly.
I’m looking forward to seeing what the Lexus dealership will list my car for. They gave me so much for it that they will have to sell it at an outrageous price to make any money. Either that or make the money on the financing.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I’m looking forward to seeing what the Lexus dealership will list my car for. They gave me so much for it that they will have to sell it at an outrageous price to make any money. Either that or make the money on the financing.
I thought that too about my Accord... which they gave me a very good price for... but given that they listed it on their website today for $36,900... I'll be surprised if they make more than a grand or so on it. They are normally a very high-volume dealer... so in my experience they price their vehicles to move quickly and don't negotiate much on price. It seems to work for them...

·
More cars, more problems
414 Posts
Are you planning on a new clutch to go along with it? I'm not sure what the stock clutch is rated for.
Not yet. We'll see how long the stock lasts, because when I undoubtedly roast it I'll probably have to convert to a single mass flywheel too.

Reactions: krslcsn

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not yet. We'll see how long the stock lasts, because when I undoubtedly roast it I'll probably have to convert to a single mass flywheel too.
I think the flywheel may provide the most significant difference in feel. Letting the engine rev easier will be amazing.

The fitment looks really good on this.
I'm wondering if adding some weather stripping on the part that attaches where the snorkel goes would add any benefit. There is a bit of a gap between the two pieces of plastic and creating a better seal between the two surfaces may be worthwhile. It'd also be interesting to find a way to funnel in more air into the box by creating a "scoop" that funnels in air toward the snorkel.

1981 - 2000 of 2027 Posts