Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2001 - 2020 of 2027 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I traded my 2020 Sport 1.5 for a 2022 Lexus ES 350 F Sport. I got $29,400 for my trade in and I only paid $26,500 for my car. I considered getting an Sport 2.0 but this is what I really wanted. I got The Lexus at MSRP but I got a total of $4,700 in credit towards the Lexus since I got $2,900 more than what I paid for my Accord, plus a $1,800 tax credit. I’m so glad I didn’t take the local Honda Dealerships offer of $24,000 for my Accord for a 2.0 because I ended up getting $5,400 more for my car and the car I really wanted all along.

I’m pretty sure I‘m leaving the Honda family. Who knows, I might return in the future, but I want to stick with Lexus for now.

So, are you happy with your trade? Any issues with the ES? I put a deposit on a new ES Ultra Luxury yesterday, and was curious how you liked it compared to the Accord. My wife really likes my Accord, so I will probably end up getting her a 11th Gen.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So, are you happy with your trade? Any issues with the ES? I put a deposit on a new ES Ultra Luxury yesterday, and was curious how you liked it compared to the Accord. My wife really likes my Accord, so I will probably end up getting her a 11th Gen.
Yes, I’m super happy with the ES. The only thing about the Accord I really miss is the excellent gas mileage, since I had a 1.5. Here’s a video I made talking about 5 things I hate and love about my F Sport in which I made some comparisons with the Accord. I know you’re getting an Ultra Luxury but some things still apply. That’s good you’re able to get an UL since I read on the Lexus forum last night that they are hard to get right now. Have you test driven one yet?

Reactions: UKCATS

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I’m super happy with the ES. The only thing about the Accord I really miss is the excellent gas mileage, since I had a 1.5. Here’s a video I made talking about 5 things I hate and love about my F Sport in which I made some comparisons with the Accord. I know you’re getting an Ultra Luxury but some things still apply. That’s good you’re able to get an UL since I read on the Lexus forum last night that they are hard to get right now. Have you test driven one yet?

I drove one yesterday, but didn’t like the color. They had 3 inbound that weren’t sold yet, so I snagged one. It will be here in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I drove one yesterday, but didn’t like the color. They had 3 inbound that weren’t sold yet, so I snagged one. It will be here in about 3 weeks.
Another comparison is the triple beam headlights. Worth every penny! I’ve never seen headlights so bright in all my life. Way better than the ones on my 2020 Sport. It’s minor, but the HVAC on the Accord got 2 degrees colder and 1 degree hotter. Also, the Mark Levinson stereo is better than the one in the Accords.

By the way, I just saw your post on Clublexus. I’m Jack1986 on there. Congrats on your Ultra Luxury 😊

Reactions: UKCATS

·
Registered
1 Posts
So short story long one of first things I noticed was the center console could be easily scratched and needs protection. Thought about wraps but I'm not experienced with it, and even with the precut ones I would want to take the trim pieces off to get it perfect which didn't want to do. I really didn't want th CF look but this was only thing I could find that fit my parameters. But of course you can't just put some on the center console, wouldn't look right, so the window switch cover and inner door handle cups got done as well. And while I was looking saw the eyelids things which brings some blue to the front which I have been wanting to do. I found a bunch of accessories on Ali Express which saved me a ton compared to eBay. Some of the pieces are three times more on eBay.
View attachment 523055 View attachment 523056 View attachment 523057 View attachment 523058 View attachment 523059 View attachment 523060 View attachment 523061
Long shot but do you remember what store/user on Ali express? The fit seems to be pretty good

·
Registered
594 Posts
Long shot but do you remember what store/user on Ali express? The fit seems to be pretty good
No unfortunately sellers go and come on there. The fit is perfect. I took it from my white car and put it on my blue car. Just search for a cord x or 10th gen Accord parts or a cord x center console you should find one

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm planning to replace the A/C evaporator myself next week to solve the refrigerant leak issue. It seems a common issue in our region since our Hondas come equipped with R134a type of refrigerant. It's a process I hate to do but since I don't trust any technicians in our area, I'll do it myself and I'll update it you once I'm done.

Another frequent noise I hear when I switch on the engine is most likely a transmission whining noise, but it goes away when I shift gear into R or D. I checked the fluid’s level and it's fine and the transmission operates normally with no issues. Should I be worried? Mine is a 2018 Sport 10AT and my car has done 135,000 Km so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Painted calipers red, installed smart liner floor mats, installed Crux Moto red center cap decals, installed JDM front and rear "H" emblem, deleted Accord and Sport SE emblems, installed threshold decals, installed trunk struts and trunk handle. Installed screen protector on my center screen, wrapped upper chrome trim in black vinyl from Crux Moto, just waiting for my window tint guy to arrive Monday to do 32% ceramic (dark as legally possible in my hometown), and then I should be done. I really wanted a white one but the red has really grown on me. Please share your thoughts/suggestions, thanks for looking.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Painted calipers red, installed smart liner floor mats, installed Crux Moto red center cap decals, installed JDM front and rear "H" emblem, deleted Accord and Sport SE emblems, installed threshold decals, installed trunk struts and trunk handle. Installed screen protector on my center screen, wrapped upper chrome trim in black vinyl from Crux Moto, just waiting for my window tint guy to arrive Monday to do 32% ceramic (dark as legally possible in my hometown), and then I should be done. I really wanted a white one but the red has really grown on me. Please share your thoughts/suggestions, thanks for looking.

Dave
Man, that looks good!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, I’m on the fence about the wheels though. I do like them and have the Crux Moto blackout kit but am afraid that they will come off in the car wash. I was wondering if anyone ever installed the decals and shot them with a good coat of clear if they will hold up. I really want these off the 22 Civic, I feel like the 18’s would ride better if I got some higher quality tires. The cheap OEM Goodyears are almost as loud as the run flats on my BMW! But if I’m going to drop 1200 on some Michelins it may may sense to get the 18”s. I wish there were more take offs around at a decent price. I’m in no hurry so I’m sure I’ll figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears! I really appreciate this forum, it’s fantastic to find such helpful people all in one place!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thanks, I’m on the fence about the wheels though. I do like them and have the Crux Moto blackout kit but am afraid that they will come off in the car wash. I was wondering if anyone ever installed the decals and shot them with a good coat of clear if they will hold up. I really want these off the 22 Civic, I feel like the 18’s would ride better if I got some higher quality tires. The cheap OEM Goodyears are almost as loud as the run flats on my BMW! But if I’m going to drop 1200 on some Michelins it may may sense to get the 18”s. I wish there were more take offs around at a decent price. I’m in no hurry so I’m sure I’ll figure it out. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears! I really appreciate this forum, it’s fantastic to find such helpful people all in one place!
Oh my... the 19" wheels are probably the best thing about the 2018+ Accord Sport. Their two-toned finish is simply beautiful. I know that some people love all-black wheels... but they are so awesome looking from the factory.

When I traded my 2019 2.0t Sport for my 2021 Touring... there was only two real things that I missed about the Sport- the suspension setup and the alloy wheels. The Touring wheels are nice too... but they aren't nearly as beautiful as the Sport's.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
263 Posts
Oh my... the 19" wheels are probably the best thing about the 2018+ Accord Sport. Their two-toned finish is simply beautiful. I know that some people love all-black wheels... but they are so awesome looking from the factory.

When I traded my 2019 2.0t Sport for my 2021 Touring... there was only two real things that I missed about the Sport- the suspension setup and the alloy wheels. The Touring wheels are nice too... but they aren't nearly as beautiful as the Sport's.
That is so funny. I have always completely despised the Sport wheels. No matter how hard I try to look at them or grow on me, I just think they are hideous looking. The refresh Touring wheels though are 🔥 I absolutely love them!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That is so funny. I have always completely despised the Sport wheels. No matter how hard I try to look at them or grow on me, I just think they are hideous looking. The refresh Touring wheels though are 🔥 I absolutely love them!
Luckily Honda gives people the option to buy both the Sport or the Touring... plus there seems to be ample ability to sell/buy/trade after purchase if you end up buying one but want the wheels off the other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If anyone finds the 18" civic wheels hit me up, I want the gloss, not the matte. If I buy new I'll be looking at 2,200 with decent tires. I'd like to keep it around 1000 for the wheels so I can buy some high quality tires. All of the OEM tires I have encountered have been junk. The 19" Goodyears on my sport are not even worth making a tire swing out of!

·
Registered
302 Posts

I agree. The Sport wheels make the car. They are some of the best looking OEM wheels for the money. I like the aluminum and black contrast. With all black wheels there’s no contrast and your wheel is pretty much the same color as your tire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do like the look but would love to find them in 18” diameter so I can get some good, quiet, comfortable tires, and maintain the look. It’s pot hole city down here. I do like the black, just a personal preference, but a smaller diameter wheel for comfort and quieter tires would make me happy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I do like the look but would love to find them in 18” diameter so I can get some good, quiet, comfortable tires, and maintain the look. It’s pot hole city down here. I do like the black, just a personal preference, but a smaller diameter wheel for comfort and quieter tires would make me happy.
I definitely feel you on the pot holes. I Wouldn’t want 19“ wheels either if I had that problem. Although, I don’t care for black wheels, I saw a new Civic Sport the other day in a parking lot and it had black wheels along with black accents. The car was white so it made a good contrast. I must say that I liked it.

2001 - 2020 of 2027 Posts